Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread. Prelim Final. Geelong V Swans. MCG 7.50

Reports on Aliir?

McGlynn proved his doubters wrong, Papley, Franklin, Tippett, McGlynn, Smith and Jones were huge
    Midfield looked battered in Josh, Parker and Hanneberry, fingers crossed for them

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    ... think the Swans will play much better than in the first final. And they get an 8 day break. Whether it's good enough, time will tell. ...
    Yes; our six-day turnaround, which could have disadvantaged us, now turned to advantage by the great showing tonight. And yes, time will tell. As others have said, whatever happens, the team has given us a lot of joy this year. But I dare to dream there's one more in them. I just love the fact that some of the kids - eg Papley with his incredible eye for the goal and confidence to take responsibility and kick the set shot and brilliance to make something out of nothing - have shown no fear of the big stage. Can't see why they'd be any different at the same venue in front of another big crowd next week.

Go Bloods!!!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    McGlynn proved his doubters wrong
    I am one of the doubters and thought he played well tonight, but has lost a yard or two of pace and might get exposed by a quicker team (i.e. Dogs or Giants)

Goes up to 11
    Keiren Jack had such an influential game tonight. He's been a bit of an unsung hero lately.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Keiren Jack had such an influential game tonight. He's been a bit of an unsung hero lately.
    Yep, two influential finals games in a row. One of the only Swans who ran hard v GWS, too.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Given that the VFL was formed in 1897, that would have been the first instance
    Brief pedant moment: while the first comp was 1897, the first grand final was 1898.
    But hey, how about those Swans!? Was the first quarter the best we've played all year!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I am. I said in the other thread that I will go and see who's going to win, if our team wins.
    Injuries and suspensions. Injuries and suspensions. Though curiously, if there was such carnage, that we ended up playing against GWS's NEAFL side, they'd probably still have more top ten draft picks than us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Yep, reminded me a bit of a manic blue heeler, driving the team forward.

Veterans List
    Too hyped to go to bed, but I'm going to sleep very contentedly when I do. Three days off now.......lovely!

Caught the game from Girona, Catalonia. It was a great match to cap off a great vacation from my permanent vacation in Thailand. Will be happy to be back home for the GF. Mrs. L will let me be for a few years and stop threatening to leave me for a Richmond supporter (who would never have a problem gong on vacation in September). It has been a great experience for Mrs L. Before she could only count on her fingers and still made mistakes, but now she can convert the price of every bottle of wine on the shelf from Euros to Thai Baht instantaneously in her head. I think she may have a career ahead of her as a currency dealer.

Really impressed with Jones and Heeney, but so many others as well. It's not just this year, but there's a bright future for us fans for a fair few years to come.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Wayne Carey to Isaac Heeney, "You haven't won a quarter against GWS all year".
    Pretty sure we won a game, Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Carey copping it on Twitter for that apparently......
    AFL.com.au should be copping it , too :
    "Another good performance should get Ben McGlynn into his first Grand Final"

I'm sorry I can't quote it , but I loved the interview with Franklin - something about "You're going into your fifth Grand Final(in 9 seasons)" and his reply "Yeah , it doesn't happen very often" .

On Fox, there was a statistic quoted - Selwood racked up his 600th career free kick (or was it 800!)

Last night Selwood and Dangerfield received 9 free kicks for and only one against.

Kennedy and Parker combined were 0 for and 6 against. They must very nasty cheating players or very clumsy in comparison

(or maybe they just don't play for a Melbourne based, media favoured team)

How good was zach jones. First game back and dominates a prelim. Gave is far more than mcveigh has.

I wonder if mcveigh can crack the side?