Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: So Yeah...WE ARE INTO THE GRAND FINAL!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    JUST HAND IT BACK NOW�.YOU FAIR WEATHER SUPPORTER

SEE YA !!!!!

DONT NEED THE LIKES OF YOU...
    Get lost!

Agree, we've made another GF, win or lose I'll still be proud of the boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan75 View Post

Really? You've just joined this web site pretending to be a Swans supporter, which apparently qualify you to criticise me? Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    At this point, I'll be very honest with you guys. If our team loses to WB in the GF, I will not renew my membership with the club. Why? Because a team that finishes first and loses to a 7th placed team doesn't deserve a serious following.
    Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Pathetic
    Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Aliir cleared of major structural damage scans showing a low grade MCL strain

But from a structural perspective, the MCL contributes to the medial/lateral stability of the knee. Laxity can contribute to potential further injury to other structures. Taping/bracing can help, however, it's not wholly preventative and probably contributes a psychological benefit (which in itself is of use)

On a personal note, I strained an MCL many years ago, continued to play and 2 weeks later was having my first ACL recon. The 2 events are likely mutually exclusive, but it cannot be guaranteed. This anecdote in no way relates Aliir's situation
    I'm not really up on ligaments, gs. Would you expect any natural healing of an affected ligament over the course of a week. Would rest be the best option? Or would some sort of exercise regime, that is designed to increase stability around the affected joint, be a better option?

Yeah to be fair tho, the dogs had major injuries the whole year which hindered their ability to win a couple of games extra to put it into top 4. They would have had close to to worst luck with injuries in the league. With close to a full team (bar Wallis and Murphy) they are now playing a bit truer to form.
    At this point, I'll be very honest with you guys. If our team loses to WB in the GF, I will not renew my membership with the club. Why? Because a team that finishes first and loses to a 7th placed team doesn't deserve a serious following.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz80 View Post
    Yeah to be fair tho, the dogs had major injuries the whole year which hindered their ability to win a couple of games extra to put it into top 4. They would have had close to to worst luck with injuries in the league. With close to a full team (bar Wallis and Murphy) they are now playing a bit truer to form.
    And unfortunately it is now our boys that are having injuries.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm not really up on ligaments, gs. Would you expect any natural healing of an affected ligament over the course of a week. Would rest be the best option? Or would some sort of exercise regime, that is designed to increase stability around the affected joint, be a better option?
    If it's a minor grade 1 (ie just a little pain, but solid/firm end feel for the MCL test, all is good, then it comes down to whether pain inhibits him.

A slightly higher grade 1 with some laxity, a week won't heal it, but it's still solid. It should still do its job. My concern is always that tiny bit of laxity, in that instance, could - under unfavourable circumstances - result in more serious injury.
    They'd likely manage the injury/symptoms and then conduct a thorough functional agility test. To determine whether he's ok.
    Rest is helpful to settle symptoms (pain). The problem here is it's 8 days. A strengthening program? He won't get a lot stronger in 8 days.

With no inside knowledge, & from what the club has released it would seem that it is quite low grade and it will come down to how he feels and his confidence in the knee (rather than concerns about an unstable knee). They'll likely give him every oportunity to prove himself in they same way they did Macca, Tip & Ranga, rather than ruling him out early (like they did with Mills).

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan75 View Post

Zlatorog - you call this criticism of you???

I see your point, don't agree with it but I see it.
    And to those having a shot, remember to each their own. Zlatorog has shown his Swans passion many times on this board and if this is how he feels, this is how he feels and he's perfectly entitled to it. After the heartbreak of 14 it's not really that hard to understand.
    Last edited by Jewels; 25th September 2016 at 07:37 PM.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    This year was not a typical season because the sides 5th to 8th were not that far behind the top four in ability (except the Kangaroos). This season had the top 7 sides quite close together in ability, closer than any season in the past 20 years. It's like this year had seven top-4 sides. The 7th-placed side was two games and percentage off top spot. In some seasons (roughly half of them in the past 10 years), being two games and percentage behind top spot was enough for a top-4 finish. This year it wasn't.

Change just a few results, and the top 8 would look very different. If the Bulldogs had beaten Hawthorn in round 3 instead of losing by 3 points in a game where their skipper Murphy was injured, then GWS, Adelaide, West Coast, Hawthorn and the Bulldogs would have all had 16 wins and been separated by percentage.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast