Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Grand Final.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Hmm the Bulldogs v Giants game i watched I didnt notice the umpiring - Giants ran out of legs no influence from umps on final result.

Cheers

Waz
    I thought the Dogs were a little favoured, the free kick count was 23-13 their way, but it was probably more a case of the Giants being umpired correctly this week, as opposed to when we played them, where they were given the freedom to snipe and were always favoured in the 50/50's. That approach didn't fit into the AFL's agenda yesterday. My worry is the umpires getting caught up in the 'romance' of the Dogs push for a long awaited flag, combined with taming the 'big, bad unpopular (in Melbourne at least) Swans' (a la 2012). I almost expect them to be favoured.....I just hope we are so good it doesn't matter.....

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought the Giants got a bit of a raw deal from the umpires, it seemed to be more than just rough play being picked up on. The deliberate out of bounds against Davis is one of the poorer decisions I've seen paid in a little while, and there was no response to thuggery in it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well, looks like we will have to shoot Bambi!
    Brilliant !!!
    If it means winning the GF , I'd gladly rip his heart out and stamp on it first.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    I didn't watch the gws game but saw that the free kick count was 23-13 in favour of the dogs. Was this a fair reflection of the way the game was played? Or do we have the same to look forward to in the gf? Ie. Massive dog favouritism.
    There were a couple of clear frees - HTB , high , tackling a player not in possession - that I thought (from the comfort of my sofa , rather than the heat of the battle ) should have gone to the Doggies.
    GWS tried to rough 'em up. They can have no complaints about the -10 count.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    No, irony is the use of words to express something different from (and often the opposite of) their literal meaning. "Father Son Josh Dunkley [being] reluctant to join Sydney because of the mid-field depth we have, one of whom is a Father Son who might be leaving us, & that they'll play off on the big stage" is an example of dissonant coincidence.

Just sayin'.
    Proving what I have said for years : RWO is the most intelligent and cultured fans' forum on Earth.

Veteran Site Admin
    I am really glad Benny will be in the team, and absolutely on merit, with no hint of sentimentality about his selection. He is most clearly in the best 22 players we have available for this weekend after his last couple of performances.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    So, why didn't they scrutinise them like this in the QF? Their free-kick count was larger than ours.
    The oppositions free kick count is always higher than ours. We must be a dirty side in the umpires eyes. They mustn't like teams who win the contested footy. Honest question, have we won a free kick count this year?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Thats false. Dunkley said he would have been happy to be selected by the swans
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Education received
    Won't be long before you are ready to sit those tricky year 7 naplans again. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am really glad Benny will be in the team, and absolutely on merit, with no hint of sentimentality about his selection. He is most clearly in the best 22 players we have available for this weekend after his last couple of performances.
    I certainly hope he doesn't @@@@ the bed this time around.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    The oppositions free kick count is always higher than ours. We must be a dirty side in the umpires eyes. They mustn't like teams who win the contested footy. Honest question, have we won a free kick count this year?
    I'm sure in the saints game we had more free kicks. Remember the 3 50 metre penalties?

Ok I checked and we actually lost the count 19-17. I wouldn't have thought that after the whinging I heard during the game!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Minor medial ligament strain for Aliir so he's a chance to play. I think they'll get him up for the game.

Senior Player
    If aliir gets up for the game then I think marsh is one who will be unlucky to miss out for McVeigh. I don't think they will risk mills

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast