Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killing Bambi

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Killing Bambi

It�s been hell down here in Melbourne this week. The pro-Bulldogs sentiment in the media has been relentless. Last night on the Channel 7 news, they interviewed Bulldogs supporters at the club�s training session and 2 of them ended up in tears. Easy to identify with that! I can certainly understand the attention they�re getting - they truly have been magnificent this year and thoroughly deserve to be playing tomorrow. But while losing to the Bulldogs tomorrow would be nowhere near as bad as losing to a Collingwood, Hawthorn or Carlton, I�m desperately wanting to see the Bulldogs premiership drought lengthen. Apart from the fact that they�ve waited a long time for success, there�s nothing else about the Bulldogs that I find endearing. We�ve been the best team over the year and, in many ways, our 2016 story is just as amazing as the Bulldog�s. We�re a magnificent club and everyone else in the AFL aspires to be like us. We deserve this! We really deserve this!

GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS!

Warming the Bench
    I've heard it a few times in the media that the swans are the best team in 2016 and the Dogs are the young upstarts looking to take it up to us. I think despite all the attention the Dogs are getting the majority of people think the swans will win, but hope the dogs do. They've done well to get to this point from 7th and just one game away. Easy to see why the fans are so excited but if both teams bring their best on the day it'll be a swans victory

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    It�s been hell down here in Melbourne this week. The pro-Bulldogs sentiment in the media has been relentless. Last night on the Channel 7 news, they interviewed Bulldogs supporters at the club�s training session and 2 of them ended up in tears. Easy to identify with that! I can certainly understand the attention they�re getting - they truly have been magnificent this year and thoroughly deserve to be playing tomorrow. But while losing to the Bulldogs tomorrow would be nowhere near as bad as losing to a Collingwood, Hawthorn or Carlton, I�m desperately wanting to see the Bulldogs premiership drought lengthen. Apart from the fact that they�ve waited a long time for success, there�s nothing else about the Bulldogs that I find endearing. We�ve been the best team over the year and, in many ways, our 2016 story is just as amazing as the Bulldog�s. We�re a magnificent club and everyone else in the AFL aspires to be like us. We deserve this! We really deserve this!

GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS!
    I have not been surprised by the obsessions with the doggies this week - they deserve it, and its been a long time between drinks of just making a grand final. It has allowed hopefully our boys to just get on with it and not tied up in the euphoria.

I had to laugh at Wayne Carey's crapfest this morning though - he tried to make out all the inexperience of the 96 roos team is a good pointer to the Dogs winning tomorrow, but completely ignored the facts around the team they were playing, in particular it was there first grand final for a long time, and with that significant expectation. A good reflection of plenty of the media and journalism all week - just telling one side of the story.

I agree there isn't much else endearing about them in particular, and while I won't be as disappointed if we lose, I will still be very disappointed if we get beat tomorrow. Bring them on, and if we are good enough, we will be Premiers!

CARN THE MIGHTY SWANNIES!!!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just listened to a radio interview with Neil Cordy gushing about a Bulldogs win. Does he still have any connections to Sydney?

Why is it Bambi isn't more 101 dalmations?

Neil Cordys Nephew plays for the Bulldogs Zaine Cordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Why is it Bambi isn't more 101 dalmations?

Neil Cordys Nephew plays for the Bulldogs Zaine Cordy.
    Neil did too, as did his 2 brothers (though Graeme also played for us) bound to be some sentiment. But he's always been pro-Swans. I'll cut him some slack.

Pushing for Selection
    We need to do this for Saint Bob - can't let Footscray win a flag without him.

Quote Originally Posted by India'sDad View Post
    We need to do this for Saint Bob - can't let Footscray win a flag without him.
    Heehee!

Killing Bambi

I've never seen so many dogs at a footy celebration as I saw today at the GF parade. I mean the real 4-legged furry variety. Is it a prerequisite to being a WB supporter that you must be a dog owner? Or did some people borrow/steal a dog for the day? Should we start turning up to such events with a swan on a lead? Including swans with their feathers dyed red in patches? (I saw a poor, originally white poodle dyed red, white and blue).

Go to 19:48 in the video. Oh, and have your vomit bags ready.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post

Go to 19:48 in the video. Oh, and have your vomit bags ready.
    I know its the footy show but some objectivity would be nice. Not a lot just a little bit from all journalists would be appreciated.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I've never seen so many dogs at a footy celebration as I saw today at the GF parade. I mean the real 4-legged furry variety. Is it a prerequisite to being a WB supporter that you must be a dog owner? Or did some people borrow/steal a dog for the day? Should we start turning up to such events with a swan on a lead? Including swans with their feathers dyed red in patches? (I saw a poor, originally white poodle dyed red, white and blue).
    Yes I noticed that too. I later found out that my bulldog supporting cousins also took their dog. (He is very cute)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast