Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Season 2017

4. Ben Mathews = Hero SouthSwans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Can Dane speak on his feet win , lose or draw ?
    They simply have to be able to address players, big crowds and big occasions .
    Two or three sentences doesn't cut it .
    I think you'd get much more than two or three sentences out of him if you put him in charge, he has been accountable and diligent so far with all of his responsibility, but we haven't put it on him yet to lead us, and lead us his way. If we did I think we would see an outstanding leader emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    or Nick Davis
    Or Bette Davis (we need a good actor of the Clay Smith type).

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Or Bette Davis (we need a good actor of the Clay Smith type).
    Miles Davis could rearrange the break time music for us.

4. Ben Mathews = Hero SouthSwans's Avatar
    Parker may be similar type in a sense that if we put it on him to be the leader he could rise up to it, I worry though it may be too early and could potentially stunt his development as a player if he struggles to handle everything else that comes with it.

Senior Player
    Dane is a well brought up private school boy, I'm sure he has already been to quite a few leadership classes.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSwans View Post
    I think you'd get much more than two or three sentences out of him if you put him in charge, he has been accountable and diligent so far with all of his responsibility, but we haven't put it on him yet to lead us, and lead us his way. If we did I think we would see an outstanding leader emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    We should take Abe in the open draft i doubt he'll get to the rookie. He played in the U18s all star game thats good indication he's in the top 50-60, if he's there round three we should take him.
    Abe Davis is already on our list, so we don't have to draft him. His brother Ben is the one that played in the U18s, although he's already 19. It's hard to say if he will slip through the ND. Some clubs will discount him because he's 19 and others because he's an out of stater and a risk to want to play with his brother. He's been inconsistent and perhaps not worth the risk for Victorian clubs to take him on. In any case, we only have so many spots on our senior list and we have to take the best player available when it's our turn.

Tom Mitchell natural leader !!

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Adelaide are having a good look at Ben Davis and have visited him at home.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

And the GWS list managers are chilling out at home, listening to early Miles Davis, because they already have so much talent on their list. Which leaves me kind of blue.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And the GWS list managers are chilling out at home, listening to early Miles Davis, because they already have so much talent on their list. Which leaves me kind of blue.
    Stay Cool & Collected because Everything's Beautiful. And if you think about it In a Silent Way the Swans have Star People and they've reached lots of Milestones this year. So Round About Midnight, if You're (not) Under Arrest, you'll be Relaxin!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Stay Cool & Collected because Everything's Beautiful. And if you think about it In a Silent Way the Swans have Star People and they've reached lots of Milestones this year. So Round About Midnight, if You're (not) Under Arrest, you'll be Relaxin!
    Yes, I'll try to chill like those GWS recruiters. And now that I think of it, they may be taking Giant Steps to bring in a Young Man With A Horn.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Out: Sweet Caroline
    In: Hey Jude
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast