Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player & Coach Comings and Goings - Who's Going Where?

Almost Football Legend
    There were only 8 teams in Div 3 this year, so I can understand them promoting more teams to get that to a 10-team comp; especially with 12 teams in Div 4 & 5 this year and likely some new nominations for 2017.
    I haven't seen the divisions. Who goes up? Would I be correct in guessing it's Camden, North Shore and Macquarie Uni?

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Still 8 teams in Div 3, 12 in Div 2, 9 in Div 4 and 13 in Div 5. All over the place, but lower division nominations not firmed up till February

Div 1 - Camden Promoted, East Coast Relegated
    Div 2 - Penno and Wollondilly Promoted
    Div 3 - Camden, North Shore and Mac Uni promoted
    Div 4 - East Coast relegated from Div 3, Penno promoted from D5
    Div 5 - Randwick relegated from Div 4 - North Shore, Wests and Wollondilly new noms - Moorebank withdrew

Indicative Only

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    Not really.
    What is Odd is that all 2016 premiers were promoted to a higher division with the exception of the D4 premiers who have now won that division for the last 3 years.
    Ok they used the outdated finals qualification rules to their advantage because they can, but still it's unusual for a threepete premier to not ever get promoted
    That's odd.
    +1. Very odd. For anyone else, you win you go up. For UTS, you win 3 times in a row you stay.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    +1. Very odd. For anyone else, you win you go up. For UTS, you win 3 times in a row you stay.
    What I've heard during the season was that the boys in their D4 team could very well play in the D2 team but prefer not to / don't want to train leaving UTS with a below average D2 side. I guess they prefer winning D4 premierships then challenging themselves by moving up to D3

"What I've heard" .... always a good start to a story.

When we beat them with a goal after the siren in round 15 we had 12 blokes who had played prems and only 3 guys in their first year (everyone else ex div 1). Granted, some guys like Rodney Craig and Shane Demir hadn't played prems in a while, but it was a very good team we put out that day.

Wheres Luke Shannon? Surely he can set the record straight.

UTS finished 5th on the table in regular season and only made the finals on percentage just ahead of you guys.........

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamstrings77 View Post
    "What I've heard" .... always a good start to a story.
    It's a great source. Where would we be without the rumour mill......

UTS finished 5th on the table in regular season and only made the finals on percentage just ahead of you guys.........
    Indeed. But some weeks we had 12 ex prems players, others we had 2. We had close to a full strength team that day and only just rolled them. Our loses v Camden, North shore and Mac uni were with much weaker sides and we beat Sydney Uni by a few goals with a weaker side.

Honestly, that side we put out that day was way better than anything I played in back in div 2 days. Only beating them after the siren (kicking 9.17 didnt help) was fairly surprising and everyone said they will go on to win it from 5th. Granted Camden, uni's and norths could have had weaker sides v us but everyone thought they would win it from 5th.

One thing I noticed about both prem GFers. They looked old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing the point H.
    You have won three premierships in a row with no promotion from that division . Yet you still request to stay in the same division for 2017 and it looks like you will probably get your way again.
    A lot of people dont think it's fair .
    Do you think it's fair ?

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast