Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sammy Reid !!!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I agree about all these, alot of fragility. Except for perhaps Buddy, I think hes pretty bulletproof considering all the attention he gets from the opposition week in week out. Seems to play through injury well. Obviously grand final day wasn't great for him, but overall I remember playing pretty much every game the past 3 years
    Yeah, but still injured. He has just been able to carry his better.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the veteran's list
    SIGN HIM NOW!!!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    A big hello to all those that wanted to trade out Reid!

Veterans List
    That was pretty good footy by Sam. Yes he has had his share of injuries but on that game he has simply matured as a footballer and has now gone past the potential tag.

A big thank you to Plugger for helping Sam kick straight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    SIGN HIM NOW!!!
    I have always been a Sammy fan. But I find it ironic that he has one good game and all of a sudden it's gone from "trade the second most overpaid player who doesn't deliver" in the team to "the second most 'we've been awaiting your return like the second coming' " (respects to Kurt & Alex respectively).

It's certainly not everyone, but there are some fickle and short memories here.

A couple of below par games from Sam and I'm sure he'll be tradebait again.

Hopefully he has a great year and becomes the player the coaching staff always had faith he would be!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    SIGN HIM NOW!!!
    Sam has said he is a 'happy Swan' and does not want to leave. Hope he is being more truthful than Tom Mitchell.
    P.S I don't have any animosity towards Tom for leaving as it is their life and they are entitled to set themselves up for the future.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Sam Reid is in the mould of a prototype big foward. Very athletic, quite fast, good tank and strong above his head. Can roam up to the wing and race back to goal.

He will bloom if we keep trying to play a more open game style and delivering the ball better.

No-one plays well when the ball is dropped on your head in a pack every time.

Just gave him are run or jump or both at the ball.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Sam has said he is a 'happy Swan' and does not want to leave. Hope he is being more truthful than Tom Mitchell.
    P.S I don't have any animosity towards Tom for leaving as it is their life and they are entitled to set themselves up for the future.
    Tom wanted stay but we didn't offer anywhere near the amount he was being offered at Hawthorn. The club made a list management decision with Tom.

Should have played in last year's grand final instead of Richards.

I think a lot of people forget he's only 25, played 100 games n will come into his prime over the next few years. His price will go up over the first half of the season so I'd expect a few big offers from the Mexicans down south.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A big hello to all those that wanted to trade out Reid!
    No need to be smug, it's two games into season defining season for him.

Friday was by far the best four quarter effort I remember from Sam and that effort should be his baseline not a one off. If he played like that regularly nobody on here would be questioning his $500,000 a year deal.

I hope he plays like that the going forward and if he does I reckon we'll be at least a 50-50 chance of keeping because at his best he can be a very important player for us.

A fit and firing Reid and Buddy show really does illustrate what a failure the Tippett - Buddy power forward partnership has been I'm afraid

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast