Page 57 of 267 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    We are no chance at Kelly. A running back is a possibility. But I am pretty confident we'll keep Jones & with Reid it's getting harder as the very few kpp that were contracted are re-signing so he's becoming the clubs next choice
    I'm actually not too worried about losing Reid. He didn't play at all last year and we almost won the big dance. That's off the back of Tippett playing at this best.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLong View Post
    I'm actually not too worried about losing Reid. He didn't play at all last year and we almost won the big dance. That's off the back of Tippett playing at this best.
    Would have been a big help though. N after coming back from his injury Tippet was not much in the ruck or down forward especially in the grand final. Reid is a massive mark up on Richards.

If Reid leaves Mitch McGovern would be a good option if doesn't go west to join his brother. 191cm 22 y.o good mark kicked 32 goals in his first season at the level one higher than Reids career best 31.

We were looking at McStay but he resigned with the lions for two more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    If Reid leaves Mitch McGovern would be a good option if doesn't go west to join his brother. 191cm 22 y.o good mark kicked 32 goals in his first season at the level one higher than Reids career best 31.

We were looking at McStay but he resigned with the lions for two more years.
    There is no chance of getting McGovern. He's either staying in Adelaide or coming home

There is no chance of getting McGovern. He's either staying in Adelaide or coming home
    They also said Tippett would be going to the suns which i wish had happened.

No Tippet looked upon the game 100% as a business. Held out for a lot of more money after his first contract with Adelaide n then got the illegal clause put in so then he would go to the highest bidder for the next contract which happened to be Sydney. At the time I always thought he was a chance to move to Sydney as we would have cap space to pay for him. The coming home crap was bs.

No Tippet looked upon the game 100% as a business. Held out for a lot of more money after his first contract with Adelaide n then got the illegal clause put in so then he would go to the highest bidder for the next contract which happened to be Sydney. At the time I always thought he was a chance to move to Sydney as we would have cap space to pay for him. The coming home crap was bs.
    We all know how Tippett ended up a swan thank for the recap my point was you never know what might happen during trade period or what a player is thinking. He's the fourth forward in Adelaide behind Betts Walker Jenkins/Lynch. All players hold out for money some just longer than others. And if your saying the "Go home factor" excuse is bs i agree with you.

Personally losing Reid isn't that big a loss he's not consistent gets injured regularly and isn't the best kick at goal. He just seems to be a contract year player.

Another player who may be leaving Adelaide is Charlie Cameron who's looking to go back home to the Lions. Aaron Hall from the suns also is open to being traded at the end of the year.

Surely we can milk the Swans family connection with his dad, Andrew?

Just wild about Harry
    If Reid left does anyone consider Sydney might go after Casboult?
    I had been thinking this as well. He is holding out re-signing with Carlton so maybe there could be movement.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I had been thinking this as well. He is holding out re-signing with Carlton so maybe there could be movement.
    Why would you want Casboult when we've already got Reid?

We all know how Tippett ended up a swan thank for the recap my point was you never know what might happen during trade period or what a player is thinking. He's the fourth forward in Adelaide behind Betts Walker Jenkins/Lynch. All players hold out for money some just longer than others. And if your saying the "Go home factor" excuse is bs i agree with you.

Personally losing Reid isn't that big a loss he's not consistent gets injured regularly and isn't the best kick at goal. He just seems to be a contract year player.

Another player who may be leaving Adelaide is Charlie Cameron who's looking to go back home to the Lions. Aaron Hall from the suns also is open to being traded at the end of the year.
    ATM there is one forward ooc n that's casboult, who I think could fill the hole. you say you don't care if Reid leaves but tell me who is going to support Franklin for the next few years? Because there is no way you can expect him to carry this forward line by himself. IMO you will never win a gf in this day n age with one kpf. It's why I don't give Richmond a snowballs chance in hell. There are plenty of players that stay for under or take unders to be at home n the perfect example is Dangerfield. Tippet wanted the money n that was his main aim. Hall is a good fit but who or what do you think we trade for him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Why would you want Casboult when we've already got Reid?
    I think most would rather Reid every day of the week but if he leaves they'll have to find a replacement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Surely we can milk the Swans family connection with his dad, Andrew?
    He's staying in Adelaide or coming home

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLong View Post
    I agree. He's had a few good games this year but he's never lived up to his potential due to constant injuries, like his brother. When he's on song he's great but it just doesn't happen often enough. If the figures that he is being offered are correct we would get a first round draft pick as compensation for losing him. In that case, let him go, give Jones a few extra dollars and invest two first round picks into this draft (maybe even trade one this year for next year).

- - - Updated - - -

+10