Page 205 of 267 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 2,449 to 2,460 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Veterans List
    Robbo has a contract for 2018 so his case is different to XR.

Geelong have made out like thieves with Motlop, in an open market no one is giving them pick 19 for Motlop. Also, I suspect the tragedy of Ablett's sister has strengthened Geelong's hand to get Ablett home by getting more leverage on Gold Coast.

As for who has improved their side over trade period, we'll need to wait until 2pm Thursday.

Port look like they've done well but have lost Trengove who I rated and who fell out of favour for some odd reason that fans couldn't work out. Motlop, well he may become consistent now he's home but mixes form a lot. Port this year had the advantage of a soft draw, be a bit tougher next year. Essendon the "destination" club still has to get the other two deals done and have targeted (or been chosen) by an odd mix of players, Kelly and Watson will be losses felt.

Someone mentioned GWS have a loaded side and adding more, well currently they only hold pick 11 & 25 in the first three rounds. Reckon Wilson & Kennedy will be for 2018 seconds, Mummy's loss confirmed or still in docs hands? so may not get stronger for next season, just organic growth.

We had a side this year that should have gone close and none of the main rivals have got significantly better yet. Don't forget that other than Richmond, every other finalist ended their season with a 6 goal+ beating, only exception is Port who embarasingly got beaten at home by the weak WCE.

If we can't trade in a clear best 22 player, I'm happy to save the $ and back in our youth who deserve opportunities. If we bring in any player/s, it will be mainly as back up with heavily crossed fingers they can exceed expectations. Next year might be the year we target a bigger fish.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Very disappointed that Tippett was not put up for trade. So we have Naismith, Sinclair, Tippett and Cameron vying for ruck positions. So Cameron will be pissed and will look for another club. Someone I have a really good opinion of.Great just wonderful!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Very disappointed that Tippett was not put up for trade. So we have Naismith, Sinclair, Tippett and Cameron vying for ruck positions. So Cameron will be pissed and will look for another club. Someone I have a really good opinion of.Great just wonderful!!!!

Still 4 days to go. Hoping that Tippo will find himself a new home during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Port look like they've done well but have lost Trengove who I rated and who fell out of favour for some odd reason that fans couldn't work out. Motlop, well he may become consistent now he's home but mixes form a lot. Port this year had the advantage of a soft draw, be a bit tougher next year.
    Pretty simple. The All Australian ruckman was picked first each week, and Trengrove (barring a game where he tagged Rance well) wasn't good enough to get a spot as a Key Position. He was a good player when rucking a lot with Lobbe out and Ryder banned.

The premiership winning team played 1 ruck and had a midfielder who sporadically contested ruck contests. There's more value in an extra mid than a hit out.
    Yet we played 2 rucks every week.

Will be interesting to see if we maintain this strategy with Dean Cox coming on. West Coast played 2 rucks early then settled on Vardy and swingnan Petrie for finals (injury did force their hand somewhat)

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post

Don't despair Cracked. Big Cox will sort out our rucking woes!

Sam Collins - fremantlefc.com.au

I wonder if we are looking at samsa a good value defender that will have time in2018 to be ready for 2019 or as back up for a Grundy type role

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    That's been in place since they implemented the system. The restriction they put in place was that the number of draft picks you could use to match had to be equal to the number of open list spots you currently hold.
    Slightly different I think - you can only go into the draft with as many picks as you have vacancies.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    .... It's hard to know what impact Port's acquisitions will have because I couldn't really make them out in 2017. The gap between their best (beating up on weaker teams) and their worst (rarely being competitive against the better sides - I'm going to ignore their victory against us in r1 given we weren't a "better team" at that point in the season). I think they'll improve, especially with the addition of Rockliff, but they've lost Trengove and Impey who were both pretty decent players...
    And they had a "lite" fixture this season (Suns x 2, Lions x 2 and Pies x 2) due to finishing 10th in 2016.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    And they had a "lite" fixture this season (Suns x 2, Lions x 2 and Pies x 2) due to finishing 10th in 2016.
    Ours wasn't that different, mind you. Our double up teams included the Hawks, Blues, Saints and Dogs, all of whom finished outside the top 8. The only finals team we played twice was the Giants. Based on the previous season, I guess the Dogs and Hawks were seen as probable finalists and the Saints are a possible improver. But that's not how it panned out.

Of course, we managed to lose both Hawks games and one each against the Dogs and Blues, which shows that when a team's not in great form, it can lose against anyone.

Might GWS be interested in Tippett?
    http://http://www.afl.com.au/news/20...d-on-the-brink

Pick 27?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Might GWS be interested in Tippett?
    http://http://www.afl.com.au/news/20...d-on-the-brink

Pick 27?
    Yes, if Mumford does retire, I think that leaves them with Simpson as their main ruckman, with backup from Lobb, who's probably more of a forward and Patton, who's definitely more of a forward. And offhand, I'm not sure if they've any young project ruckmen. So under those circumstances, it would make sense if they made a play for Tippett.