Page 67 of 267 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Jones is good, but easily replaceable. I'd be keeping Reid. Our other key forwards are getting a bit long in the tooth. buddy will begin to drop off after 2018, and tippet the same.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Jones is good, but easily replaceable. I'd be keeping Reid. Our other key forwards are getting a bit long in the tooth. buddy will begin to drop off after 2018, and tippet the same.
    Fully agree

I disagree. Easily replaceable by ______ ? Feel free to fill in the blank. Jones has a lot of aggression, run, speed, can tackle and his skill with the ball is impressive too. I don't think we have a ready-made replacement in the twos, nor can I pinpoint a like for like player who is available at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I disagree. Easily replaceable by ______ ? Feel free to fill in the blank. Jones has a lot of aggression, run, speed, can tackle and his skill with the ball is impressive too. I don't think we have a ready-made replacement in the twos, nor can I pinpoint a like for like player who is available at the moment.
    Easily replaced by a American pit bull / greyhound cross, with good disposal skills. Not since BBBH have we had someone with such borderline aggression control (though little Benny McG did a fair impression at times).

Don't think Budd will drop off after 2018, it's just his role will evolve to accomodate his maturing body morphology.

Tipp's decline has probably downwardly plateauing (up to a dozen games a year @ 1-2 goals a game (he'll get his goal average up before the year is out for 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Easily replaced by a American pit bull / greyhound cross, with good disposal skills.

We've already let Jetta and Malceski go can't let another player that gives us run go.

As for Buddy I agree he'll drop off if doesn't lose some weight... Looks like he's wearing speedos

Senior Player
    Easily replaced by a American pit bull / greyhound cross, with good disposal skills. Not since BBBH have we had someone with such borderline aggression control (though little Benny McG did a fair impression at times).

Agree he has provided us with some much needed 'spite'.

Don't think Budd will drop off after 2018, it's just his role will evolve to accomodate his maturing body morphology.

Tipp's decline has probably downwardly plateauing (up to a dozen games a year @ 1-2 goals a game (he'll get his goal average up before the year is out for 2017)
    So you think he'll carry Sydney's forward line by himself in 2019 aged 32?

Veterans List
    Jones and Reid will both stay so we can now focus on what/who we need to enhance the list even further!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Jones and Reid will both stay so we can now focus on what/who we need to enhance the list even further!
    Is that opinion or fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Someone will step up. Lloyd already does the run role. We don't seem to miss a beat when Jones is suspended. There is always AJ, Allir or next recruit.

Key forwards are harder to replace.