Page 109 of 267 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,297 to 1,308 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I have no idea how reputable Sporting News are but they are floating the possibility that we trade Buddy out to a WA club (Freo is implied very strongly) and that we get a top 6 draft pick and Dusty as a free agent.
    Pure fantasy.

I have no idea how reputable Sporting News are but they are floating the possibility that we trade Buddy out to a WA club (Freo is implied very strongly) and that we get a top 6 draft pick and Dusty as a free agent.
    Ha, ha, ha - kerplonk! That's the sound of me laughing my head off.

Inconceivable to think the Swans would trade out the league's MVP. A man that has almost single-handedly doubled our membership numbers, average home crowds, merch' sales and sponsorship revenues. (OK - doubled is possibly an exaggeration).

If this happens, I'll eat Barnaby Joyce's hat.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Ha, ha, ha - kerplonk! That's the sound of me laughing my head off.

Inconceivable to think the Swans would trade out the league's MVP. A man that has almost single-handedly doubled our membership numbers, average home crowds, merch' sales and sponsorship revenues. (OK - doubled is possibly an exaggeration).

If this happens, I'll eat Barnaby Joyce's hat.
    This.

Good a season as Dusty has had, Buddy remains a far more entertaining and far more valuable player. He will slow down one day - maybe while we've still got him on the books for a year or two - but he's not showing any signs yet. Give me a damaging forward any day over ANY midfielder (and we've got a already got a handful of pretty decent ones any way, ones who form a pretty complementary and cohesive unit).

Not to mention the fact that Buddy approached the Swans because he wanted to live in Sydney - ideally in the east - with his now-wife Jesinta. He probably gets recognised on the street more than any other current Swan but I doubt it's anything like at the level it was in Melbourne, or would be in Perth. There is no way Buddy would want to move to Perth (and even less way Jesinta would want to), and it would be a crass move by the Swans to even suggest it to him (even if there were any good footballing grounds on which to contemplate it).

Very much doubt Jesinta would want to move to Perth of all places...

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This.

Good a season as Dusty has had, Buddy remains a far more entertaining and far more valuable player. He will slow down one day - maybe while we've still got him on the books for a year or two - but he's not showing any signs yet. Give me a damaging forward any day over ANY midfielder (and we've got a already got a handful of pretty decent ones any way, ones who form a pretty complementary and cohesive unit).

Not to mention the fact that Buddy approached the Swans because he wanted to live in Sydney - ideally in the east - with his now-wife Jesinta. He probably gets recognised on the street more than any other current Swan but I doubt it's anything like at the level it was in Melbourne, or would be in Perth. There is no way Buddy would want to move to Perth (and even less way Jesinta would want to), and it would be a crass move by the Swans to even suggest it to him (even if there were any good footballing grounds on which to contemplate it).
    Getting a post endorsed by Liz is almost as exciting as getting a Tweet aired on QandA or a retweet from the late, great @Colvinius.

Where's the swooning emoticon?

I have no idea how reputable Sporting News are .....
    Sporting News is a crap, anonymous fabricator of gossip, rumour and innuendo

End of.

Veterans List
    In other words........Fake News!!!

Think thats funny, try some of the jokers in this article on AFL.com.au

Dream trades

Josh Kelly for Callum Mills and a second-round draft pick.
    - Andrew Donoghue, Brisbane Qld

Kurt Tippett and a second-round draft pick to Richmond in exchange for Corey Ellis and a fourth-round draft pick
    - Tejas Dhir, Oakville, Canada

Give Tippett and our first-round pick in exchange for Jackson Trengove.
    - Jaymie Andrew, Valley View NSW

Kurt Tippett to North Melbourne and a second-round draft pick for Todd Goldstein.
    - Stathis Galiatsatos, Vic

I think we also had a suggestion of Longmire for Scott earlier in the season - was laughable then and more so now

Veterans List
    Fantasy trades should be limited to appearing on footy chat sites. A pity that media outlets of all persuasions dabble in them as well. In fact I often think that the media trawl BF and get their cues from there as much of what they print/say has appeared as an improbable post by some 12yo in the week prior!

If you actually went back just one season and looked at all the trade speculation printed and uttered in the media and compared it to what actually happened in trade week/fortnight, it would be an embarrassing small amount that actually played out as portrayed in the media. Too many column inches and air time needs to be filled each week.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Pure fantasy.
    Well last year they did say that Tom Mitchell would leave Sydney and O'Meara would definitely leave Gold Coast, so they aren't complete nutters. They also mentioned that Tippett will be traded at the end of this year (Have to wait for that one!)
    However this story on Buddy, is beyond any rational. I would be totally shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Well last year they did say that Tom Mitchell would leave Sydney and O'Meara would definitely leave Gold Coast, so they aren't complete nutters. They also mentioned that Tippett will be traded at the end of this year (Have to wait for that one!)
    However this story on Buddy, is beyond any rational. I would be totally shocked.
    Re Tippett I have little doubt we'll get a few offers but whether they are worth accepting them will be another matter.

We are in the box seat however, if ever a club will pay overs for him it is now with the number of available players diminishing and quite a few clubs with a pile of cash burning a hole in their pocket. Richmond would be my bet as they think they are in the premiership window and need a second tall.