Page 163 of 267 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,945 to 1,956 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

I couldnt spell myself out a wet paper bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Don't think he should be traded but needs to lift at next big final at MCG . Midfield triggers everything else.Very good player but Has got off lightly compared to Rohan.
    Parker has a flag to his name.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I couldnt spell myself out a wet paper bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Parker has a flag to his name.

I'm a Parker fan but came on as a sub for 15 minutes max!

I don't really want to trade Parker. I just wanted to make the point that Rohan is being pilloried when others�arguably most of the midfield group�have performed poorly in a number of big games. Often because they've been carrying injuries, but nonetheless. The talk of unloading Rohan is ridiculous and is scapegoating.

I am glad he got a medal though. He was the sub because he had come back from injury, but had played really well earlier in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I am glad he got a medal though. He was the sub because he had come back from injury, but had played really well earlier in the year.

It's true that he deserved his medal that year, just making the point that he wasn't on for long. Has been a great player for us, don't want him traded but I reckon he owes us one big MCG final, hopefully a GF.

It's true that he deserved his medal that year, just making the point that he wasn't on for long. Has been a great player for us, don't want him traded but I reckon he owes us one big MCG final, hopefully a GF.
    Cheers to that - I hope he does it, too!

Reckon Parker should spend more time forward next year.

Veterans List
    I'm a Parker fan but he came on as a sub for 15 minutes max!
    ....and probably equaled Gary's finals disposal average in that 15 minutes.

I feel that we still need Parker's hardness in the midfield so not too long up forward as far as I am concerned.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I feel that we still need Parker's hardness in the midfield so not too long up forward as far as I am concerned.

And get Hanners a little further away from the contest. I think he is at his best moving between wing and just outside the contest. He is a different footballer to Parker and Joey.
    Heeney could become one of those great midfielders that can win the ball but also step out of the contest. He may not have the acceleration of a Judd but he seems to be one of those footballers that can see the game in slow(er) motion.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    And get Hanners a little further away from the contest. I think he is at his best moving between wing and just outside the contest. He is a different footballer to Parker and Joey.
    Heeney could become one of those great midfielders that can win the ball but also step out of the contest. He may not have the acceleration of a Judd but he seems to be one of those footballers that can see the game in slow(er) motion.
    I agree that Hanners does his best work outside the contest. But it's good to have a more outside player who can still win his one-on-ones when necessary. I posted this during the season, but I think it's worth re-commenting that I reckon Hanners' slightly different role this year was as a result of an injury that prevented him doing the same amount of hard running that we've seen in previous seasons.

I actually think Heeney is more suited to an outside role. Like Hanners he can win on-on-one contests but I don't think either of them is especially effective in pack-around-the-ball situations, at least not as initial ball winners. Heeney doesn't have Hanners' level of endurance - not yet, anyway. And if he was getting close to building this up over the off-season it would have been affected by his glandular fever. But he's more creative and generally a better user of the ball than Hanners - he's still a bit inconsistent and can be guilty of some terrible turnovers but his good kicks are often very good indeed.

I think where Mills comes into the equation is that he's a more natural ball winner in heavily contested areas than either Heeney or Hanners. Admittedly that assessment is based purely off what I saw of him as a 17yo at NEAFL level, but he did show a "see-ball, get-ball" inclination, combined with an ability to quickly spot options and move the ball effectively to someone in more space. It remains to be seen whether he can show the same traits at senior level but I hope he soon gets the opportunity to try.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ... I think where Mills comes into the equation is that he's a more natural ball winner in heavily contested areas than either Heeney or Hanners. ....
    I would be happy with Kennedy, Parker, Mills and Hewett feeding it out to Hanners, Heeney, Lloyd and Jones.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017