Thread: Appointment of Captain.

Warming the Bench

Appointment of Captain.

Just read on AFL website that Nat Fyfe is Freo's new captain "voted into the top job by his teammates".

How is our captain appointed?
    Is it the players (as above), or coach, or club official (e.g. Harley)?

On the veteran's list
    Players pick leadership group and coaches pick the captain.

In relation to Fyfe, heard a journo saying that he was not only looking at Vic clubs but was open to a Sydney deal like Buddy's.

Is there any truth to the Fyfe to Sydney rumour?

Quite frankly it'd be hilarious if we snagged him.

Warming the Bench
    I think Fyfe will sign a new deal with Freo shortly. As he was given the captaincy they must be confident on him re-signing

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Players pick leadership group and coaches pick the captain.

In relation to Fyfe, heard a journo saying that he was not only looking at Vic clubs but was open to a Sydney deal like Buddy's.
    Unless our cap is increased by $1M, or his Sydney move is to GW$, he isn't heading north of the Murray

The captain is chosen by Kenny Williams. The head coach announces the decision.

I don't know about north of the Murray, but no way is Nat Fyfe coming to Sydney. Neither Sydney nor GWS can afford him.

Great pic, Ludwig. How young do those players look?! Teddy looks unbelievably fresh faced, Hanners looks about 14. Macca however looks about the same. He aged before his time.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Unless our cap is increased by $1M, or his Sydney move is to GW$, he isn't heading north of the Murray
    Not many saw Buddy or even Tippo coming to the Swans. Who knows what magic our recruiting staff will pull off at season's end? If by some chance Fyfe wears the mighty red and white, I don't think the AFL would have the balls to slap us with such a nonsensical trading ban again.
    Last edited by Mark26; 15th February 2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Not many saw Buddy or even Tippo coming to the Swans. Who knows what magic our recruiting staff will pull off at season's end? If by some chance Fyfe wears the mighty red and white, I don't think the AFL would have the balls to slap us with such a nonsensical trading ban again.
    Now that $#!+$patzdick has gone, we can recruit whoever we want!!

Veterans List
    Players vote for leadership group and coaching staff select a captain/s from that group. I think this was said earlier by someone before the thread got derailed by our next recruiting coup.

Can't see Fyfe leaving Freo, he's very much still attached to the family farm and now he's got the captaincy he can help mould their next tilt. Hawthorn has reloaded with O'Meara and TMitchell but they still have a number of their best players nearing the end like Hodge, Gibson, Burgoyne so they are not a guaranteed success club like they were in the recent past. GWS is now the horse to be on but they have a salary cap bursting at the seams with more players still to re-sign on bigger contracts. Fyfe going no where.

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    I think Fyfe will sign a new deal with Freo shortly. As he was given the captaincy they must be confident on him re-signing
    Agreed. The two would appear to be connected in some way. Imagine how ridiculous they would look appointing himas captain for a year only for him to leave at the end of the season? I can't see that happening.