Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NO DICKHEADS???

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    That Talia example is not really that valid. If Talia had missed training because he was snorting coke off a friend of his girlfriend when he should have been at training, whilst charging the costs back to the Swans, then that might go close.
    I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. For it to be comparable (from all accounts) Tallia would have to be snorting coke off a friend of his girlfriend AT training, whilst charging the costs back to the Swans.

Veterans List
    I have no particular affiliation with or affection for Worner and don't particularly care if he stays or goes, but if his employer has consider him guilty of nothing more than poor judgment, I'm not sure the Swans board needs to be making an example of him. I presume he's not the first Swans director guilty of marital infidelity.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Did a little blow. Got blown. What's the issue?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    ... I'm not sure the Swans board needs to be making an example of him...
    Unless they hold their Directors to different standards than Ch7
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

If Worner had any integrity (and the answer to that is already clear) he would quietly resign from the Swans board to protect the Swans from embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Did a little blow. Got blown. What's the issue?
    The issue is not that he had an affair. That in itself is a personal matter for him and his family. (And probably a very painful matter for his family.)

The issue is his lack of moral integrity and his extremely poor judgement in having an affair with a subordinate officer in the organisation in which he is a very senior executive. Those two failings are the reason I regard him as an inappropriate person to be on the Swans board.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Unless they hold their Directors to different standards than Ch7
    Should they? On what basis?

Putting my cynical hat on and discarding the moral posturing, would the ordinary club supporter give 2 hoots about Worner being on the Board. Would they give up their membership or support of the club and players? I certainly wont and unless his appointment affects the players or has a direct consequence to the day to day running of the club I then let the club President and other directors do as they see fit. Before other supporters pass judgement on me, I state that I do not condone what Worner has done, and as I have no vested interest in Channel 7 I think that this is personal matter that should be resolved by those who are directly affected. At the end of the day there are far more important things to worry about than someone infidelity, poor judgement and retribution.

Senior Player
    Unless there is some sort of criminal activity (there isn't), there's nothing in it and its of no relevance to his position at the swans

The relevance is Worner has demonstrated he has very poor judgement on a matter directly related to his work responsibilities. That (in my view) makes him a poor choice to be a member of the Swans board. Personally I would like to feel I could trust the judgement and the ethics of those who make important decisions on behalf of the club.

But I am not suggesting any Swans supporter will, or should, resign their membership or revoke their support of the Swans over this issue.

Warming the Bench
    Any thoughts on why Worner was appointed to the board in the first place?

Media knowhow seemed to be the attraction. This is what Andrew Pridham said in December 2015:

�Hailing from Perth, Tim is a lifelong AFL supporter and is a dedicated member of the Sydney Swans,� Andrew Pridham said.

�We believe that Tim�s skills and experience, coupled with his passion for the code and the Swans, make him an ideal person to join our Board.

�Tim�s expertise in media will greatly assist the Club, particularly at a time of great change in the media landscape,� he said.

Worner joins Swans board - sydneyswans.com.au

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast