The Swans recently welcomed Sam Mostyn as a director on our Board: Sydney Swans welcome Sam Mostyn - sydneyswans.com.au. She seems to be particularly well qualified with a wealth of experience, including being the second longest serving AFL Commissioner (second to Mike Fitzpatrick) at the time she stood down from the AFL late last year. Apart from footy she works and has worked in the fields of business, finance, law, government, non-profit and social inclusion: Samantha Mostyn | Women's Leadership Institute Australia. She is Sydney based and has been a supporter of NSW teams for some time according to these articles from afl.com.au (Women in football: Sam Mostyn - AFL.com.au) and smh.com.au (Sam, the female addition the AFL just had to have - AFL - Sport - smh.com.au).

I wonder if, somewhere down the track, Sam Mostyn might be a suitable successor to Andrew Pridham as Chair of the Board of Directors? I can imagine people would take her pretty seriously if she spoke out on an issue and she certainly has the experience to give good leadership and guidance to the Board and Club. The threshold question is, would she be interested in the position? Since it wouldn't entail her giving up all her other work (Andrew Pridham continues to work as a CEO in banking: Andrew Pridham - Wikipedia) and she is already Sydney based, possibly it would appeal to her.

There are a number of other highly experienced and qualified people on the Board currently - Board Members - sydneyswans.com.au - but none of them has Sam Mostyn's profile or her experience as an AFL Commissioner for over 10 years.

I can't judge who would be best but I do think she would be an exciting appointment to lead the club at some point in the future. Anyway, I'm glad she's playing for us now. Welcome, Sam!