Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
Henson would be OK if we could get the go ahead as I think there would be enough space to construct the facilities and have enough parking etc. From a public transport perspective Henson is quite easy to get to as well.
Henson Park is cool but it is not especially accessible by public transport. It's not on a train line and I don't think there are any bus routes that go past it. The 428 goes up Addison and down Livingston and others go down Victoria Rd but I don't think any buses travel along Sydenham Rd passing in front of Henson. Which means you're looking at least a 10 minute stroll from the bus or double that from the train station. That's ok if you're in good shape but if you have mobility issues or the weather's poor is not great. Plus outside of the ground, the surrounding streets are tough to park in.

I now understand why people are talking about being able to play matches at the training base and the relevance of a 'progressive' local population: for AFLW. However, AFLW matches don't have to be played at our training base do they? On the other hand, this may well be desirable and would create a second home that fans and the club both have an affinity with.