Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 2 v Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    You don't even have to even read between the lines people. Something has happened with AA in the off season and he is either not done being punished and or has not risen to the standard required of the playing group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not convinced. He was in and out of the team for his first few games until becoming established. He didn't play any JLT games and I think may have played one full game in the NEAFL.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Towers has played his last senior game for us given that he has been dropped for debutants that hardly got a touch in the JLT.

Aliir is a mystery, hope there's nothing sinister behind the scenes.
    It's hard not to come to this conclusion I agree.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised re Aliir. I am not surprised that Longmire went for youth but thought Edwards would get a birth. Not surprised re Towers he was Vanilla last week and that's being nice.

Can't see us winning. Someone said on another forum we have the same amount of players out as they do with comparable games. But if you look at the players who are out for Dogs they are in the main second stringers, no pun intended
    Just what we need, another bizarre injury.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Very short defence. Rampe's not that tall but he's experienced and he's learned to play tall. I find it odd that neither Aliir nor Melican is in the team. Melican's omission can't be because they don't want to play too many debutants, given three have been selected. I'm sure Newman has earned his debut but would have preferred Melican this week. We have to hope nothing happens to Reg during the game. Or maybe Horse is planning to play Buddy at CHB.
    Yep. Big job for Marsh/Laidler on Boyd (presuming Grundy plays on Cloke). I expect Reid to float back there a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Or Reid? Since he was down back a few times last week too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reid kicked 3 goals last week and would be wasted down back. He is no Key Back. I just don't see how we could possibly win with only oner key back. Astounding selection gamble. I think we just witnessed amateur hour.

Senior Player
    We are going to get physically monstered. A thumping cometh!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Reid kicked 3 goals last week and would be wasted down back. He is no Key Back. I just don't see how we could possibly win with only oner key back. Astounding selection gamble. I think we just witnessed amateur hour.
    Wolftone, you are the only poster on Red and White who doesn't support Horse 100%.

What had Horse done in previous seasons to not have your 100% support.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    [/B]

I saw in one of the newspapers that he went back to Kenya to participate in what appeared to be a very big and grand wedding, of a brother. It must have been in the off-season. Pure speculation, but maybe he came back somewhat out of condition for the start of the pre-season and is being taught a hard lesson. He certainly looks to be in fine condition now though. Another wild speculation is that he may have got a bit carried away with all the razzamatazz and accolades that followed his great showing towards the end of last season and has not worked hard enough while sidelined with the toe injury and subsequently at training. We may never know!!
    He hd an operation in the off season and was not training when he went overseas. He was recovering from the op. He did the toe after, a setback he didn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Longmire said AA is not yet playing at the required level for senior footy after his injury. I imagine its a juggling act - on one hand AA might be the best defender available, but if Horse has told him he's not playing well enough to earn a senior berth, he can't really play him. We don't really know why some players get selected and others get dropped.
    What's the matter with playing Melican then. His form in the pre season was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    Wolftone, you are the only poster on Red and White who doesn't support Horse 100%.

What had Horse done in previous seasons to not have your 100% support.
    Someone here called him a genius He's a good coach who can't win the big ones. He can't seem to play against the Hawks style of footy. Dogs play it as do some of the other sides, GWS etc. He can't change his game plan or tactics when he is in trouble. In the 2014 GF he admitted he was out of ideas at about the 25 minute mark of the first quarter. It didn't get better. In 2016 he selected players with match fitness issues and we lose again. Sorry but if you don't take fit players into a GF you don't win, even if the umpiring is against you you can still win with fit players.

Sorry but he inherited a great list. Has had two huge signings. Has had a really great list and yet still couldn't win more than one premiership. If he can't get players up for a GF when a premiership is the prize, gee whiz. Add to that he has the best bull mid in the comp and the runner up in the Brownlow in the mids. Our list is strong but some decisions astound me. Some players still get a wlak up start and shouldn't. Some players can play more than three bad games and be carried by others yet still get a game. Others, the fringe players only have to play a bad quarter and get dropped. He has coached the tweam to top in 2014 & 2016 but failed in the biggest game of all. His coaching failed both times but more so in 2014. I am not the only one who doesn't support him 100%. There are plenty of others who have doubts. If Clarko had our list we would have won 5 straight.

What's the matter with playing Melican then. His form in the pre season was very good.
    It would imply that coaches think Laidler and Marsh are better at covering the talls than Melican or AA, and they want Newman to replace Rampe's kicking. Either that or the doomsday scenario - they can always swing Reid back if plan A doesn't work out.

Very interesting selections by Horse...I hope there is a dastardly strategy behind it, not just shuffling the deck chairs .

I'm surprised Melican didn't get a game. He was good in the pre season, played with plenty of composure and he would of given us more options defending their talls.

Cunningham is lucky to hold his spot. I hope he's given a very specific task, perhaps a lock down role on one of their halfback flankers.

Anyway I reckon it sets up the type of backs to the wall mentality that the Swans enjoy...Here's hoping.....Swans by 15
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT