Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 1 - April 1-2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    .................Let me break down ECE's 22 for you from the weekend:
    So two out of 22 who could be called genuine experienced NEAFL recruits. Hardly a stacked team as you suggest.....................
    I want to pick you up on a point, Junior (and this probably applies to Tim Freedman too).
    We all accept that there were only two NEAFL-specific players in the ECE team on Saturday and, not that anyone cares, but I am comfortable that ECE circa 2017 is a legitimate Prems team,
    But ECE won the flag last year with at least five NEAFL-specific players who came to your club specifically to play NEAFL. And we thought it was a bit dodgy that they were so readily accepted into Prems afterwards (but no-one could say much due to the 'confidentiality agreement' that Oscar referred to.)
    These were gun footballers that you wouldn't normally expect to be playing paddock footy in Sydney.
    At least three were missing from last Saturday's team (O'Connell, Anderson, Gemmell) and you can pretend that they never existed but they did. And they were instrumental in last year's flag.
    Again, I accept that your team is now playing on an even playing field - all credit to you - but I reckon it's a bit disingenuous to ignore the fact that five or more players came to your club specifically to play NEAFL and stayed on to enjoy the fruits of premiership when they weren't really legitimate Sydney footballers.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 3rd April 2017 at 10:01 PM.