Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

Regular in the Side
    I have just noticed that we have Dalgleish officiating who if I am not wrong is also a local West Coast supporter.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Surely the much maligned Brandon Jack is a better option than a lot of these players, especially Foote and Cunningham

At least he puts on pressure to the opposition and puts in his all. Seems to have a knack of getting the ball, while his disposal can be shoddy its not much worse than a lot of our senior players
    For all his failure to deliver consistently at senior level, I believe Cunningham is a far better option than Jack. Jack doesn't get the ball much at senior level (and he is usually asked to play a very different role to that at NEAFL level). And Cunningham can kick the ball reasonably well.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    For all his failure to deliver consistently at senior level, I believe Cunningham is a far better option than Jack. Jack doesn't get the ball much at senior level (and he is usually asked to play a very different role to that at NEAFL level). And Cunningham can kick the ball reasonably well.
    Pretty hard to prove when he hasnt played a senior game for well over a year. Thought he has been fairly competitive in the seniors in the past and if given the opportunity I'm sure he'd give it his all unlike Cunningham who seems neither here nor there. His consistency in the NEAFL warrants it. He seems to be getting more possessions than before
    Last edited by longmile; 12th April 2017 at 08:21 PM.

I feel confident that we will win the free kick count this week. Rumour has it that the umpires will be awarding free kicks to players being humiliated.

Will someone tell Longmire that the JLT series is over.

Wow, so this is how it feels to be a Carlton supporter. Interesting.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 12th April 2017 at 08:17 PM.

Regular in the Side
    WHO KICKED THE CAT. Why bring Cunningham back.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I have just noticed that we have Dalgleish officiating who if I am not wrong is also a local West Coast supporter.
    I think his allegiance has a little more of a purple haze. If you can bring yourself to do it without ripping your own eyeballs out, load up a replay of the 2015 trip to play Freo for confirmation. I think it was the Anzac round.

Playing Papley with no match practice would be daft.
    I nodded my head and agreed with this when I read it earlier ..........................

Gawd, we are really up @@@@ creek now.

Naismith has rotten luck with injuries, as does Tippett. No wonder Longmire wants four rucks, pity we don't have a lot of confidence in the third one in the line. Perhaps Sinclair will be better for the run last week and on his 'home' ground.

Like others here, I really don't want to see Reid in the ruck, he doesn't have the body for it and he is too valuable as a forward to be risked.

As to the last, not lately. His kicking in the reserves last week was crap. Pure crap. Did a couple of nice dinky kicks but his long kicks, usually his strength, were terrible. Liz what I am worried about is his lack of intensity at the contest. He showed the same lack on the weekend on several occasions. At AFL level it is so noticable and the incident with Bont highlighted that lack of intensity. If he continues to play that way I'd send him on his way to the Wagga thirds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I nodded my head and agreed with this when I read it earlier ..........................

Gawd, we are really up @@@@ creek now.

Naismith has rotten luck with injuries, as does Tippett. No wonder Longmire wants four rucks, pity we don't have a lot of confidence in the third one in the line. Perhaps Sinclair will be better for the run last week and on his 'home' ground.

Like others here, I really don't want to see Reid in the ruck, he doesn't have the body for it and he is too valuable as a forward to be risked.
    Cameron is injured otherwise he would have played. Agree re Reid. As for being up @@@@ creek, yep well and truly. When we players with the intensity of Nobby in Love Thy Neighbour we are in trouble.

Warming the Bench
    3 out of 4 ruckmen injured, That's just bad luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

'While young ruckman Darcy Cameron was not available for selection after injuring his shoulder in the NEAFL last week, Longmire said he�s got full confidence Callum Sinclair can handle the workload.'

Ok, I hadn't read this when I posted earlier. Rucking must/is dangerous work! Meanwhile over in Richmond ..... oh it is cruel!

Senior Player
    I am a bit shocked with the selections as I would have tried B.Jack this week. He played well in the NEAFL - Cunningham was just ok - and it could have been presented as a big chance for him.

How bad must Laidler and to a lesser extent - Towers - feel when they still can't get a game. Our Mosquito Fleet will need to have their skates on for us to have any chance.

Weather forecast Ok - no rain - that might help a bit.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    As to the last, not lately. His kicking in the reserves last week was crap. Pure crap. Did a couple of nice dinky kicks but his long kicks, usually his strength, were terrible. Liz what I am worried about is his lack of intensity at the contest. He showed the same lack on the weekend on several occasions. At AFL level it is so noticable and the incident with Bont highlighted that lack of intensity. If he continues to play that way I'd send him on his way to the Wagga thirds.
    I thought Cunningham's skills were a level above most of the other Swans last week (at NEAFL level). They were certainly a whole lot better than Jack's.