Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd.4 West Coast V Sydney. Domain Stadium 20.10 pm.

I expect these sort of posts from my fellow Americans...I didn't realize they come from Down Under too! Look at the bright side...you haven't been getting up at 2 am to watch these games!!!

The Swans won't be there this year, just too low on the learning curve . They fight so hard to get the ball to the outside and then butcher it to the opposition to give up easy goals .

Frustrating . So few clean passages of play into the forward line.

I like The Tigers at $21 to go all the way.

The issue for me is not being in front at half time and end especially not in front end of 3rd qtr......

I am disappointed with our first two qtrs not executing and not playing with enough ferocity. I feel our senior players are not imposing them self on the contest like they have in previous years

80% of teams behind on the scoreboard end of the third qtr loose. Fact !

when ever things are not working the way u hope u need to rise out of the ashes by simplifying what u can control. Ie double up on the the simple things........for me we loosing the tackle count again is unacceptable!!!! Unacceptable!!!!

This is where we draw the line
    This is where a team struggling must point its attention.
    It is our hallmark and it is completely relevant even under the new rules

We need to make the opposition yield in the first qtr and we almost did in the first 15mind last night

Our total focus with the team we have now should be to submit the opposition to relentless intensity. Make the opposition cave in and force errors. Our hunt right now looks 70% if that.

My reasoning is simple. When u are struggling with personnel, when u are struggling to execute , when ur leaders are struggling to dominate you simply must focus ur energy into a Spearhead of force and will the game back onto ur terms so the opposition fear u

The opposition must feel the force u bring to the game. Then opposition mistakes happen, then opposition teams remember the aura u had in previous years and this high octane energy proceeds into every game with an undeniable existence. We will out Hunt U and we will tackle u into the ground all night long.

Everyone talks about it. The commentators , the media and the opposition know that if u are off ur game u will get an audit by the swans because they will never give up the tackling and the hunt !!!

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    That one where Sam Mitchell kicked downfield after about 3 blows of the whistle was a joke. No 50 m penalty, but they where real quick on Callum Mills, with an 70 meter penalty at least, or closer to 100. Sinclair is a waste of space, it almost like we had no one in the ruck, Foote is not up to AFL standard, has had many chances now. Nick smith is well past it, he is going downhill rapidly. Our short passes are becoming laughable. Cannot hit the side of the barn. I think we are the worst side in the comp at the moment. I wish I didn't renew my membership.
    Since when is your teams ladder position and form relevant to whether you are a member or not? You support a team through the bad times as well as the good times. That's what "supporters" do. If you don't, you're just a "barracker".

Maybe I have my head in the sand but I think we'll be up there again this year. We've been decimated by injuries and crooked umpiring. Once we get a few of our top players back we'll start winning again.

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Swan View Post
    I expect these sort of posts from my fellow Americans...I didn't realize they come from Down Under too! Look at the bright side...you haven't been getting up at 2 am to watch these games!!!
    As someone that with another hat on watches a lot of English Premier League Football, I can feel your pain US Swan - lots of late nights only to see disappointment along the way. It takes a lot of commitment to be getting up at those sorts of times to watch the games - bravo mate
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Maybe I have my head in the sand but I think we'll be up there again this year. We've been decimated by injuries and crooked umpiring. Once we get a few of our top players back we'll start winning again.
    I hope so Bleeder, but with the way we are going, we will be far too behind the eight ball when we do get the guys back.

Hopefully we get good news this week, as a few of the guys coming back are back training and hopefully half a shot at selection. There is always the issue of taking in undercooked guys (Papley for example last night), but we should do it against GWS and accept we have nothing to lose in that regard. Better to lose a game we will probably lose anyway but get a week into those guys.

As from here, if we are to be any hope of getting anywhere this season, we can't lose games we should be winning. The following 5 weeks after GWS, if at anything near our best, we should be expecting to win at least 4 of them, if not 5. It looks a long way off from here, but if we get enough troops back, we could turn at 5-5, which would give us an outside chance of playing finals footy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Man, the first sign of trouble and the knives are out for some. We've been dealt our fair share of good times.

Reckon our travails start with Hannebery and Parker and creep down the ground to Grundy, Mills and Smith. Historically consistent and reliable performers, well off their game.

But collectively, bad decision-making. We really need the mature and calm influences of McVeigh and Rampe and the dynamism and strength of Heeney. Quick, because some players are losing faith a bit.
    the perfect observation

Veteran Site Admin
    As you can see, I have had to clean up a spat between a couple of posters. I realise that emotions run high, especially after another loss, but that is no excuse for being abusive towards other members.

The next posters to continue in a similar vein will receive a temporary break from RWO.

On the Rookie List
    How many WC goals were due to mistakes by Swans?? Unfortunately it was some of our most experienced defenders who handballed to the feet of a team mate,who chose to chip a 10 metre pass from the front of goals and kicked out on the full next time.To me the team looks as demoralised by the GF loss as supporters.

The addition of Rohan, Tippett and Heeney next week will make a big difference, replacing bottom three players with three of our best 10.

Whatever the changes are I want to see Mills let off the leash in the midfield along with Heeney. And if his form doesn't improve there he needs a spell in the NEAFL

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Since when is your teams ladder position and form relevant to whether you are a member or not? You support a team through the bad times as well as the good times. That's what "supporters" do. If you don't, you're just a "barracker".

I agree and posted a similar sentiment earlier which was deemed a spat
    hopefully my agreeing with you won't be judged as sniping and result in your post being deleted

Regular in the Side
    Reg has been doing it (the turnovers) for years even though he has played well. Why he doesn't kick the guts out of the ball staggers mw, he prefers these dinky kicky that more often than not cost us
    Thought Sinclair did ok and I am not as worried about Ollie thought he did ok as well. KJ is definetly struggling while Hammers tried hard