Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

I think Cunningham played surprisingly well last week and it would be crazy to drop him after his one goodish game... Jack is a huge worry, but will they really drop him? Foote can go. Florent may need a rest. Who else goes out, probably Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Foote can go. Florent may need a rest. Who else goes out, probably Fox
    Reminds me of an exotic meal I once had in Italy:

Fox Foot Florentine

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Is Talia injured or just on the outer? A 192cm 94kg (semi) experienced, relatively quick backman would be nice right about now.
    It would be nice to bring in Melican to see how he goes but I would like to see Laids brought back in to just take some of the pressure off Grundy and Smooch. I would expect Laidler to help out with marshaling the newbies as I expect Smooch and Reg are distracted from their game more than usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    and even Nico will become a fan.
    ... pigs-might-fly.jpg
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 19th April 2017 at 10:09 PM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Is Talia injured or just on the outer? A 192cm 94kg (semi) experienced, relatively quick backman would be nice right about now.
    If you look at Talia, Melican and Maibaum, Talia clearly looks the biggest of the 3. He's got the size to cover the big forwards. To be fair, he hadn't played any competitive football for 10 months and a lisfranc injury requires a lengthy rehab, so it may take a while to get back to the form that got him a starting role last year. In the interim, Aliir has become an emerging star, Melican looks a very good chance to get a shot at senior level and we recruited Maibaum, one of the top rated KPDs in the draft. He is no longer next cab off the rank. He looks healthy though and seems to be playing okay, but will have to shine in the NEAFL to get call up.

Yeah but the club never really touches on Talia.
    I was one who called for his head after the drugs thing, but the club decided to keep him.
    In doing so he deserves to be treated like any other player and be considered for selection like anyone else.
    Yet the Swans seem to be brushing him under the carpet...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If you look at Talia, Melican and Maibaum, Talia clearly looks the biggest of the 3. He's got the size to cover the big forwards. To be fair, he hadn't played any competitive football for 10 months and a lisfranc injury requires a lengthy rehab, so it may take a while to get back to the form that got him a starting role last year. In the interim, Aliir has become an emerging star, Melican looks a very good chance to get a shot at senior level and we recruited Maibaum, one of the top rated KPDs in the draft. He is no longer next cab off the rank. He looks healthy though and seems to be playing okay, but will have to shine in the NEAFL to get call up.
    So, we have potential for our backline going forward but, at the moment our forward line is going backwards?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I was one who called for his head after the drugs thing, but the club decided to keep him.
    In doing so he deserves to be treated like any other player and be considered for selection like anyone else.
    As he was contracted the club could not get rid of him. My opinion everyone deserves a second chance, he has not tested positive and should be given that second chance.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    As he was contracted the club could not get rid of him. My opinion everyone deserves a second chance, he has not tested positive and should be given that second chance.
    Yes, but needs to be fit and in form. I'm not aware that his form in training or NEAFL suggests he's ready to play.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I'm sure not everything comes out in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Looked way off the pace in his JLT appearance.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes, but needs to be fit and in form. I'm not aware that his form in training or NEAFL suggests he's ready to play.
    If that is the case no problems I would hate to think he was being given the cold shoulder because of his indiscretion/charge. Hard to think he was ok for round 1 last year but not ok this year yet an unfit Allir was picked for example.

Warming the Bench
    The only definite in looks to be Tippett. However, who gets dropped for him. Perhaps one of the newbie small forwards Florent, Fox or Hayward. The one most in need of a rest is Florent.

Rohan - interrupted pre-season, no match practice, too much of a risk - 1 or 2 games in the NEAFL
    Heeny - good pre-season but recovering from the GF (glandular fever) - ???
    McVeigh - interrupted pre-season, no match practice, high risk of re-injuring his calf - ???? Perhaps if McVeigh is good at organizing the troops he can put on the pink and become the runner.

I suspect Horse will take the risk and play Heeny and McVeigh - but I hope not.

As other have said we could use 3 tall defenders - but who to bring in? And who would go out?

KJ out (injured), Mills or Jones into the midfield and bring in Melican for the defence.

I guess we'll find out tonight.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast