Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd. 5. Sydney V GWS. SCG. 19.25 pm.

+50
    this !!!!
    how easy do they spread waltz out no pressure at all
    id play rohan for spurts in the middle a big body and quick
    not sure parkers position anymore too slow in the middle maybe a small forward
    hannas on the wing to small to be chasing contested ball hurt every week can gut run
    id rotate every kid thru there too papley jones lloyd
    something different longmire is so vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

i meant to respond to 111431

Let's start to get a team together for future.

Out: Grundy, Sinclair, Hayward (needs time to develop in the reserves), Foote and Jack
    In: Talia, Aliir, Newman, Dawson and Rose

If Cameron is not injured, bring him in for Tippett.

I wouldn't bother bringing Macca back this year. It doesn't do anything to help us in the future. We still have a number of decent prospects on the rookie list including Fisher and O'Riordan. I don't know how we ever get back to being competitive against GWS, but we should be able to make a significant cut into the margin they showed tonight.

I'm willing to sacrifice this year to see us back in the 8 next year.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Newman and Alir for Marsh and Foote
    Rose for Jack
    Cameron for Sinclair ..... just so Longmire can feel good about another debutant
    All of these changes should happen and would make us better.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

What's up Swans ? The fans are turning up , 34K tonight , so they are still interested .
    Many of the players still look like they are in holiday mode .
    Is it because two players get so much more money than the others.
    Lots of 'give this bloody leather thing to someone else a few metres away because I have no freakin idea what to do with it . '

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think the Giants are a pretty stern test for any side, much less an undermanned, underdone, undercoached Swans side. They beat us by a lot last time we played.

I'm sure we'll start winning next week and win several of the next 5.

But we have serious problems. Particularly with how me move the ball from defence and it feels like that has to change drastically
    The 'undermanned' bit is getting a bit tiring to hear. Yes we are down a few of our best players, but we still have on paper a very decent lineup. How they are performing is nowhere close to what one would expect however - we are seriously struggling big time, across the park.

Hopefully the easier run of games (on paper anyway) will see us find some confidence, but I far from confident about any of those games either, on the basis of our current levels of performance.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    +50
    this !!!!
    how easy do they spread waltz out no pressure at all
    id play rohan for spurts in the middle a big body and quick
    not sure parkers position anymore too slow in the middle maybe a small forward
    hannas on the wing to small to be chasing contested ball hurt every week can gut run
    id rotate every kid thru there too papley jones lloyd
    something different longmire is so vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

i meant to respond to 111431
    LOTE

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    I hope GWS wins the next 5 premierships, which is no more than a break even result given the level of talent on their list. Let the AFL revel in the spectacle of all 17 genuine GWS supporters lapping up the glory after their long drought. The Grand Final parade should be an atmospheric treat.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

May as well just put the same presser on repeat for Horse.

"We're not consistent with our effort".

It's a lot more than that. I'm sure he's well aware of that but gee it's boring to listen to.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Let's start to get a team together for future.

Out: Grundy, Sinclair, Hayward (needs time to develop in the reserves), Foote and Jack
    In: Talia, Aliir, Newman, Dawson and Rose

If Cameron is not injured, bring him in for Tippett.

I wouldn't bother bringing Macca back this year. It doesn't do anything to help us in the future. We still have a number of decent prospects on the rookie list including Fisher and O'Riordan. I don't know how we ever get back to being competitive against GWS, but we should be able to make a significant cut into the margin they showed tonight.

I'm willing to sacrifice this year to see us back in the 8 next year.
    At last a sensible post. I thought Tippett was embarrassing tonight. Not only did he get just one kick and barely a ruck hit out, some of defensive chasing and harassing was non existent. I know he is not fast but you should make some effort!! I starting to think he does not care, just collects his large pay cheque every week.

At least we've had a long period of success. I feel sorry for those long struggling clubs, spending years rebuilding, only to have to face the GWS juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Shane Mumford man of the match with 62 hitouts what an embarrassment
    Not sure if our ruckman retention record is a good one recently.
    Lost Jolly to Collingwood (where he gets his 2nd Premiership medal) & is replaced by Mummy from Geelong who goes to GW$ to be replaced from within by Pyke (since retried) who - via trade & draft - we recruited understudies for - Derickx (who was since retired) & Nankervis (traded). Who we replaced with Sinclair (struggles to get a game) & Cameron (hasn't got a game). All the while, we "developed" Dan Currie for 4 years (0 games), Naismith has been on the list since 2013 for his 14 games. & a bunch of other speculative talls who never made it.

Taubs is a ruck-whisperer, it's just a pity his prodigies have ended up at other clubs or they started their careers so late that the amount of time he spent on them still only produced short careers. The rest never made it (& would have fared no better under anyone else's tutelage).

I'd love to seem him get to work with a 17-19yo American/Sudanese monstrously tall, super athletic kid and give him time to work his magic.

I still think the boys are spooked by the GF loss - they need a good shrink and they need them now!!!

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast