Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives only

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    More positives ... Our average losing margin is 23.2 points. 12 sides have a higher average losing margin. This is a sign that we have been competitive.

The only sides with a lower average losing margin are Adelaide (undefeated), Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs. The highest average losing margin is Hawthorn with 59.2 points and they have lost five games.
    It's true that we have been either in front or within striking distance during the second half of most games this year. However, this was less so in our last two defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And actually, it's a slight positive for me, that Richmond got thrashed today. I mean, if they were 6/0 and we were 0/6, I'd have to seriously consider the possibility of parallel universes.
    Geelong got beaten convincingly by Collingwood today and we only lost to the Pies by a point --> therefore we are better than Geelong who are 5-1.

It is a positive that no one has beaten up on us (yet) like Adelaide just did to the 5-0 Tigers!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    So, it's "mathematically possible" that we're not totally crap?
    Ignoring the losses to Carlton and Collingwood (games we really should have won), our other four losses were to Port Adelaide by 28, Western Bulldogs by 23, West Coast by 26 in Perth and GWS Giants by 42 (our largest loss so far). These sides are four of the current top eight sides. Losing by 4 to 5 goals to a top side isn't a disgrace.

The only concern are the losses to Carlton and Collingwood. Carlton have also beaten Essendon and Collingwood have beaten Geelong.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

No finals expectations so the pressure should be off. Time to let the boys play, gain experience and implement improvements to the game plan. Rest the players who are sore to give them time to fully recoup rate. Also looking forward to AJ's first game back. Re-set for 2018.

Blog Entries
    Heeney.
    Hewitt.
    Lloyd.
    And Melican is showing some good signs.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    More positives ... we are off the bottom of the ladder.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Some good positives today, good thread this (apologies for my alcohol induced post last week on this here thread)

Melican getting great on the job training and Newman and Maibaum also really putting their hand up for our defensive rebuild though we really miss Rampe.

Huge result for the NEAFL boys too which hopefully will keep the pressure on the build on today

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    More positives ... we are off the bottom of the ladder.
    Yes, though it was a bit of a shame that Hawthorn won, to lift themselves off the bottom, too.

Towers was good today. He promises so much of what we need. I'm hopeful he can deliver more of this against stronger sides too.

I'm really looking forward to Rampe's return too. (When is he back?)

Senior Player
    I thought Sinclair was a driving force behind the strong first quarter. He will keep Tippett out of the side on that performance.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Towers was good today. He promises so much of what we need. I'm hopeful he can deliver more of this against stronger sides too.

Towers has the potential to be the relief ruckman and I don't think he did his chances next week any harm today. Not really his preferred spot but it may be where his future lays if he has one with us

Think Rampe is back after the Bye

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post

He sure will ... if Tippett trips over his own feet concussing himself and tearing his hammy as crumples to the floor (which probably isn't inconceivable) but if Tip's fit, Cal will get to ply his trade in the NEAFL a little longer.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast