Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives only

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Understatement of the century. .....although the ressies are looking good.
    I'm contemplating whether to use the term, "mathematically possible"?

We have found a lot of really good players with high draft picks unfortunuately as the effort gets weaker the lack of speed and skill which is why they were high draft picks becomes apparent - you can coach effort and improves skills a little bit but once you lose your speed and the other team knows that your in trouble - so the positive for me is that we will get a higher draft pick and hopefully a changed game plan from the coach who is surrounded by good people so it should happen.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm contemplating whether to use the term, "mathematically possible"?
    It's not a good sign when we're talking "mathematically possible" after round 6.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Can we please lock this pathetic thread!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Can we please lock this pathetic thread!!!!
    As the originator of this "pathetic" thread, I agree that it is difficult being positive after today. However, although there are clearly more negatives than positives, there are still positives.

Heeney and Mills will be stars. Heeney will be vying for Brownlow medals at some point. If we can re-sign Zac Jones, we have the basis of a very good midfield for some time. Melican, Aliir, and Rampe will do the same in defence. Forwards are a bit harder to come by but Haywood is looking very promising.

Plus, we all live in the best country in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    As the originator of this "pathetic" thread, I agree that it is difficult being positive after today. However, although there are clearly more negatives than positives, there are still positives.

Heeney and Mills will be stars. Heeney will be vying for Brownlow medals at some point. If we can re-sign Zac Jones, we have the basis of a very good midfield for some time. Melican, Aliir, and Rampe will do the same in defence. Forwards are a bit harder to come by but Haywood is looking very promising.

Get a grip

Get a grip
    Alright, so you're that guy. I understand now.

Veteran Site Admin
    Get a grip
    Unnecessary.

No one is forcing you to read this thread. Maybe you best just leave it alone so we can each deal with the situation in the way we choose.

It looks like we'll end up with a high draft pick this year. That's one positive scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post

Alright! Go Thailand!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Alright! Go Thailand!
    We might be in trouble if we had to play the Phuket Aussie Rules team in Phuket right now.

Regular in the Side
    right now positives, is play yngsters, manage our battle weary midfielders to freshen them up for next year..get a high draft pic either use to in draft or trade for elite high speed midfielder..

when you think about it, with the amount of yngsters we debut last year, a grand final appearance was a surprise to me much like the 08 hawks a bit before their time they just happened to win it, but didnt make finals the following year.

how is Maibum going in the ressies...is he likely to be a replacement for grundy...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast