Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 - CARLTON

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hmm looks like Marsh did his hammy today and they're going to have to fly Laidler back from the NT

IN BJack Laidler Newman
    OUT KJack (hip) Foote Marsh (hamstring)
    Ha! Laidler's partner put up a photo on Instagram of her dropping off Laidler at the airport this morning! Hope he does plenty of stretching on the flight back.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Has she since deleted it? I don't see said photo.

Senior Player
    I hope they give Brandon Jack at least 2 games. He has been very good in the NEAFL - I know the standard is low but if you keep performing you have to get a chance if you are on the list. I would imagine this is his last chance so he deserves at least 2-3 games to prove himself.

Newman is an excellent kick and finds the ball easily - I can't understand why he was dropped in the first place. I'm sorry for the fans, but I don't think Foote will make it. He tries hard for sure but seems a bit below this level.

Laidler is handy as he is pretty tall and relatively experienced. Pretty good balance to this side but I hope Aliir has a good game as we need his height, pace and skill back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Has she since deleted it? I don't see said photo.
    It's actually a brief video up in the circle thingme at the top. With a funny note saying she hoped he would rate her 5 stars (� la Uber).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Ah right. The feature they copied from Snapchat

I'm very pleased for all the ins.

Clearly Laids is in for Marsh. Sad for Swampy but it looks like if he gets back up to speed the match committee prefer him and will have him back unless perhaps Melican and/or Newman overtake him.

I reckon BJ has come in for Foote. Hopefully can tackle as much, get the ball more, run faster and use his brain to compensate for his ordinary disposal. Many will celebrate judging by how many have been calling for Foote to be dropped. He doesn't have many fans. Ludwig was the most vocal, at least over pre-season.

Which leaves us with the best in of all - Newman. This change presumably will be widely acclaimed, including by Ludwig who is a long time Newman fan. I like Newman. He tries hard and is a beautiful kick. Not sure if we have any better. Would Buddy be our ot h er best kick?

I hope Kizza gets his body right and makes it back via the twos.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I hope they give Brandon Jack at least 2 games. He has been very good in the NEAFL - I know the standard is low but if you keep performing you have to get a chance if you are on the list. I would imagine this is his last chance so he deserves at least 2-3 games to prove himself.

Newman is an excellent kick and finds the ball easily - I can't understand why he was dropped in the first place. I'm sorry for the fans, but I don't think Foote will make it. He tries hard for sure but seems a bit below this level.

Laidler is handy as he is pretty tall and relatively experienced. Pretty good balance to this side but I hope Aliir has a good game as we need his height, pace and skill back soon.
    BJ has got a lot of the ball in the reserves but has wasted it very badly. Not sure how putting another accumulator who can't kick into the side is going to help.

I think Talia and Rose should count themselves very unlucky. I would have had them ahead of Laids, even though he was very good, and BJ.

Welcome Brandon

U have hung in there and learnt ur trade

Rip in like u have ripped in before on the pressure game

Otherwise just give the easy ball my friend !

Easy ball !

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    BJ has got a lot of the ball in the reserves but has wasted it very badly. Not sure how putting another accumulator who can't kick into the side is going to help.
    If he can get 30+ on the weekend and butchers it he'll be a direct replacement for Mitchell. Only quicker.

Our #1 problem is not getting our hands on the ball. If BJ can help with that then it will be a step forward.

Regular in the Side
    Did either Talia or Foote fly to NT or are we taking three emergencies to Melbourne? If three wonder if somebody else is doubtful.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I just looked up players heights; as reported by Swans.

Johnson is 194
    Allir 193
    Grundy and Talia 192
    Marsh 189
    Newman and Rampe 188
    Yeah, right. I don't remember AJ being that tall, and I would have thought Talia was taller.

Senior Player
    I've not been massive fan of Brandon, he seemed to panic alot when playing for the senior side. Surprised he's played 27 games. Game high 18 possessions twice, but averages 9.5.

But happy for him that he's been selected and really hopes he goes well. We could certainly do with his pace, the MCG might suit him. Looking back on his record, he probably had a career best spell, stats wise, leading into the 2015 finals - when he last played.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast