Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Had to stay home and put IKEA together for her indoors. Seemed to work .
    From what I saw from trips to the couch , Swans had a fair bit of mongrel back and some old rip and tear .
    Who have we got next week ?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm finding some of the speculation about AA to be borderline slanderous and frankly distasteful and offensive.

Mods?
    I agree, we can do without some of Jonesy94's posts.

Apart from that, it was a great game to watch after the last six weeks. Yes, we were careless at times; yes, we should have kept up the pressure instead of those donations to the poor and needy we handed out in the fourth quarter. But it was very encouraging to see the input from the likes of Harry C, Deano and Harry M. The three absolute standouts I'm not going to mention because it interferes with the TLM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I thought we pkayed well today. Particularly when the game was to be won in the 1st half. Our intensity and stack on the contest was a marked improvement on previous weeks. My top 5 were Jones, Franklin, Heeney, Hannebery and Parker. Papley provived a physical presence in the 1st half alla Benny McGlynnand contributed to a couple of goals. Melican was steady down back and McVeigh provided direction and quality disposal. Particular mention to Towers. He provided a contest and I was very impressed with a number of 2nd efforts. 10 of his 20 disposals were contested contedt and topped it off with a goal. We slackened off a bit in the 2nd half but i am so pleased with the win.

I knew there were a lot of negative people on this site, but i cant believe how little interest there is in congratulating our team for a win. When we lose everyone us lining up to bag them. During the game this week there were approx 40odd posts. Last when we were losing there were 170odd. Get behind your team instead of dragging them down.
    Historically there are always more posts during the game when we play away...for obvious reasons.
    Rest of your post is spot on.

Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Longmire confirms that Aliir's tardiness was a one-off. When asked for the reason for Aliir's late arrival he said it didn't matter, he was late.
    I'm really glad he cleared that up.
    Last edited by Meg; 7th May 2017 at 06:55 PM.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    For those holding out for something else, forget it. He was dropped for not turning up to training. Who does that in this era of professionalism, especially when trying to hold down a permanent spot in the senior side? I hope what ever he did last night was consensual and worth being dropped, unlike Norths versions.
    And now we have proof why "the saviour" the SJW crowd wants desperately hasnt been playing in the firsts. I am already seeing the same SJW now blaming the club for going public about it and that "the saviour" should be playing regardless.

What a moron AA, seriously.
    Whilst loath to post your two comments again, I'm doing so to make it absolutely clear to you, and anyone else of a similar mind, what comments are NOT welcome on this forum. First and final warning on this, stick to footy or the weather. These are the only two topics that are safe ground for you right now.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Great to have McVeigh back directing the backs, watched him doing it all day and his composure in defence for most parts was reassuring. Composure is something Mills will improve on, poor at times today but will only get better.
    Jones set free from defence breaking the lines what a difference and Towers played well today did his job.

On AA unacceptable to miss any session for any player, I have a lot of time for AA but let him stew in the NEAFL for a a few weeks so he understands what a privilege it is to play football for the bloods.

Cheers

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Whilst loath to post your two comments again, I'm doing so to make it absolutely clear to you, and anyone else of a similar mind, what comments are NOT welcome on this forum. First and final warning on this, stick to footy or the weather. These are the only two topics that are safe ground for you right now.
    There was nothing wrong with what I posted, what is far more offensive were the remarks that insinuated something i said was offensive but framing it as offensive by using current interwebs buzzwords. But you know, its {{insert current year}} and ONE HAS THE RIGHT to be OFFENDED ONLINE. Pitchforks or should i say smart phones ready, now go cygnets!

Ok back to the game, Jones BOG, buddy was superb but we still have major issues.

There was nothing wrong with what I posted, what is far more offensive were the remarks that insinuated something i said was offensive but framing it as offensive by using current interwebs buzzwords. But you know, its {{insert current year}} and ONE HAS THE RIGHT to be OFFENDED ONLINE. Pitchforks or should i say smart phones ready, now go cygnets!

Ok back to the game, Jones BOG, buddy was superb but we still have major issues.
    Knob

Macca wasn't too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Knob
    Don't bite, it's just what he's after.

Good to get the win but nothing to suggest to me we'll be anything but bottom 4 this year. Take Buddy out and we still looked lacking in confidence.

Hopefully they can build on this next week against a Norf team that is better than its ladder position suggest.

Good to see Jones play well, Harry showed some good things but I'll reserve judgement on him until he produces against better opposition, Florent played well and Isaac is getting over his illness which is good. And I think that we are a better side with McVeigh's experience out there.

Can't complain about a nine goal win but today leaves me still feeling lukewarm

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Perhaps I should have been clearer, did I mention we have a no dickheads policy here at RWO? Goodbye.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

+1

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps I should have been clearer, did I mention we have a no dickheads policy here at RWO? Goodbye.
    ++1

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast