Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 8. North Melbourne V Sydney. 16.40 pm. Etihad Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    That putrid effort against the Blues will come back and haunt us at the end of the season I suspect
    Agreed..... and the 1 point loss to Collingwood.

It was a stroke of genius re the selection of Newman late

McVeigh injured and had to play forward and the. Newman played wide and thru the middle as a link and did it very very well by hand by foot and contest

I haven't seen him work so hard and it was exciting to watch him step up each qtr

It also Allowed Jones to stay midfield and loose which was awesome for our hard work inside by the boys today Ing winning contested ball and clearing and really stretched the kangas match ups

Long season ahead still for all our newbies and difficult with match ups some weeks ie if we played Saint Kilda or a team with a small forward line of very agile fast medium small forwards

AA and Rampe are auto ins for me but great to have some depth and genuinely some players fighting for the top 22

I know AA hasn't shown much yet this season but I am standing by it was no fluke last year how good he was

Shame he didn't play because North were terrible and AA would have got a lot of Reid's job tonight

Ps how good was Reid tonight !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Agreed..... and the 1 point loss to Collingwood.
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Win the next two before we start thinking about the F word

Well that was never in doubt,
    Retrieved a bit more rip and tear.
    They looked a bit stuffed in the 4th .

With that incorrect free to North in the goal square , you do wonder why one of the other umps doesn't intervene to say Parker definitely had his hand up.
    What are they all there for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Win the next two before we start thinking about the F word
    No.... quite the opposite. What I was saying is that we are likely to fall short and will look back at the Carlton and Collingwood losses as the difference between a final position of 10-12 compared to 6-8.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Newman is going to be a 100+ game player for the Swans. Composed, great kick and clever. Made two mistakes today but 35 disposals today would mean he plays for a few weeks.

.....and a rising Star nomination would seal that.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    [/B]

I reckon he would not be elligible for the RS

Gee he was good though.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    [/B]

Unfortunately he's not eligible as he is too old. Have to be under 21

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    No.... quite the opposite. What I was saying is that we are likely to fall short and will look back at the Carlton and Collingwood losses as the difference between a final position of 10-12 compared to 6-8.
    He meant 'don't get ahead of ourselves with negatives'......he, and I for that matter, think we can make the finals. You may be right though, time will tell.

The negativity towards newman is crazy. Yes, his error lead to a goal and he had a poor 5 mins. Lets put it into perspective, from that point he regained his composure went on to have 30+ possessions and contributed to our win. All this from a kid in his 5th game. Newman should be receiving nothing but praise for what he did today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I reckon he would not be elligible for the RS

Gee he was good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Unfortunately he's not eligible as he is too old. Have to be under 21
    Bugger!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    The negativity towards newman is crazy. Yes, his error lead to a goal and he had a poor 5 mins. Lets put it into perspective, from that point he regained his composure went on to have 30+ possessions and contributed to our win. All this from a kid in his 5th game. Newman should be receiving nothing but praise for what he did today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    +1

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, three things for me.

The next d-head that says Grundy is expendable should be banned from RWO as a matter of principle. Ben Brown didn't get a look in today.

Papley adds such value. He's occasionally a bit excited, but adds an energy, pressure and pace to our game that is crucial. And like all good small forwards, if he can add the odd moment in the centre as he has the last couple of games, his bursts will be priceless.

Hayward really is going to be ridiculously good, touch wood. There were four or five things today that made you go wow. His kick into 50 to Towers in the first quarter, a shimmy through the middle, that handball tight on the boundary in the last quarter, a squared up kick into 50 in the third quarter, and the way he kept his feet and put on a few sharp steps to create space for his own goal late. Love him.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast