Page 124 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,477 to 1,488 of 1579

Thread: Finals

Pushing for Selection

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauzza View Post
    Surprised MCG home GF has been raised but this is a national website not Vic based. Thanks for link Mauzza.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think that there's a clause in Tippo's contract, that says that we can out of the contract early, but only if we erect a statue of him at the SCG. We've actually tried it once, but strangely, the statue collapsed at the ankles.
    He he

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzza View Post
    I'm worried about the impact Richmond winning will have on tall players.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Very good article linked above.
    For a moment I thought it must have been a doctored article to placate certain members of RWO. I agree with a lot of the points raised, although it does remind me of the articles that were printed in the Victorian media between 2001 & 2006 (albeit from a different perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    For a moment I thought it must have been a doctored article to placate certain members of RWO. I agree with a lot of the points raised, although it does remind me of the articles that were printed in the Victorian media between 2001 & 2006 (albeit from a different perspective).
    The most ungracious part is the bit about the way Richmond plays. Almost word-for-word what they said about us in '05. Winning football is winning football. If you can't see the immense skill and intense commitment in the way Richmond plays, you don't know the game.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by liz; 1st October 2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Please refrain from the bickering

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    The most ungracious part is the bit about the way Richmond plays. Almost word-for-word what they said about us in '05. Winning football is winning football. If you can't see the immense skill and intense commitment in the way Richmond plays, you don't know the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You left out 'weird'.
    Could not happened to notice that blatant obvious free kick in the goal square was missed for Eddie Betts.Then I seen Stevic and Meredith were the umps, and that explained everything. Yes the team that were condemned for their performance in last years GF. Just shows you how serious the AFL take poor umpiring. It's a joke!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Could not happened to notice that blatant obvious free kick in the goal square was missed for Eddie Betts.Then I seen Stevic and Meredith were the umps, and that explained everything. Yes the team that were condemned for their performance in last years GF. Just shows you how serious the AFL take poor umpiring. It's a joke!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Betts non-decision was wrong, but the umpiring didn't affect the result (Richmond were harder at the football all day). However, I was surprised and disappointed that 2 of the umpires from last years GF were given the gig again this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    The Betts non-decision was wrong, but the umpiring didn't affect the result (Richmond were harder at the football all day). However, I was surprised and disappointed that 2 of the umpires from last years GF were given the gig again this year.

Astonishing decision to award 2 of them the GF. What would some of the other umps, eg Chamberlain, make of that!

Solution to AFL inequities problems. It's fair, but of course will never happen:

1. Reduce the number of AFL clubs to 12 by eliminating 6 Melbourne clubs and move the Gold Coast Suns to Tasmania. (It's worth noting that New York City, which dwarfs cities with professional sporting teams like Jacksonville, Florida and Portland Oregan, still only has 2 clubs for each major sport. The imbalance of having so many Melbourne clubs is a blight on the competition. It will be a huge shock to the system, but once it's over, we will have a truly national competition).
    2. Increase playing lists of each club to 54 players. About 180 players will lose their jobs, but the quality of the lists will improve and so will the state league competitions which will absorb the overflow.
    3. Have a special draft to redistribute the players from the 6 defunct clubs. This redistribution will be a very complex process, too much to go into here.
    4. With 12 clubs, there would be 6 games a week in the AFL competition for 22 weeks, each club playing each other club twice, once at home and once away (this inequity solved).
    5. Have a 12 club reserves competition which will also be televised. Since the quality of the players for each club's reserves side will be improved, this should be a high quality competition. There is likely to be a lot more movement between senior and reserves sides from week to week.
    6. The Grand Final can continue to be held at the MCG since this will only be the home ground of 1 of the 12 sides in the AFL, the other Melbourne club plays at Etihad and Geelong stay where they are, so the home ground advantage shouldn't come up as much and there will be a far greater percentage of non-Victorian sides facing off in the GF.

I'd we make the 6 Victorian side who remain in the comp the etihad tenants plus Geelong, then we can leave the MCG free for only finals like Wembley.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Solution to AFL inequities problems. It's fair, but of course will never happen:

1. Reduce the number of AFL clubs to 12 by eliminating 6 Melbourne clubs and move the Gold Coast Suns to Tasmania. (It's worth noting that New York City, which dwarfs cities with professional sporting teams like Jacksonville, Florida and Portland Oregan, still only has 2 clubs for each major sport. The imbalance of having so many Melbourne clubs is a blight on the competition. It will be a huge shock to the system, but once it's over, we will have a truly national competition).
    2. Increase playing lists of each club to 54 players. About 180 players will lose their jobs, but the quality of the lists will improve and so will the state league competitions which will absorb the overflow.
    3. Have a special draft to redistribute the players from the 6 defunct clubs. This redistribution will be a very complex process, too much to go into here.
    4. With 12 clubs, there would be 6 games a week in the AFL competition for 22 weeks, each club playing each other club twice, once at home and once away (this inequity solved).
    5. Have a 12 club reserves competition which will also be televised. Since the quality of the players for each club's reserves side will be improved, this should be a high quality competition. There is likely to be a lot more movement between senior and reserves sides from week to week.
    6. The Grand Final can continue to be held at the MCG since this will only be the home ground of 1 of the 12 sides in the AFL, the other Melbourne club plays at Etihad and Geelong stay where they are, so the home ground advantage shouldn't come up as much and there will be a far greater percentage of non-Victorian sides facing off in the GF.
    The Ludwig Manifesto makes too much sense and is too rational for the VAFL to ever digest.