I just thought there should be a thread to post thoughts about other AFL teams, so here it is.

Here are some random thoughts from me:

* Brisbane got an excellent draft haul in 2016 including Hugh McCluggage who was widely regarded as a #1 pick, plus they have resigned Hipwood and Schache plus they are pretty much a lock to get #1 pick this year. That adds up to real hope for the future in my book. It would be good to see a Queensland team being competitive again and I feel a little more sympathetically disposed towards the Lions than the Suns.

* During the off-season I tipped the Dees to make finals ahead of the Saints. They haven't done it yet but they are on track. The Saints haven't looked good the past couple of weeks but they have played tough opposition. Will be interesting to see how the Saints go this week.

* Giants doing well to be on (equal) top of the ladder while missing so many stars. Getting games into their fringe players is very helpful particularly when it hasn't cost them games. Now they need to get their stars back and they can still be scary good before finals.

* It's great to see the Hawks languishing down the bottom of the ladder, particularly when they traded their first round pick away to the Saints for nothing!

That'll do for now. But I might add more later. Please join in.