Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 13 V Richmond. MCG. 13.45 pm.

Wow , heart bloody racing stuff .... the Tigers are not that confident in a crisis finish . I was amazed they didn't get a goal when they got down their end a few times.
    What a sweet win. I actually thought the umps put their whistles away in the chaos situations during the last 10 mins.
    If Buddy's out, we've still got Kurt .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Don't drop towers! There was one moment where he fumbled or dropped it up about 4 times in a row, but kept following through and eventually took possession for a goal! That kind of persistence in the face of mediocrity is something we need at the swans.
    Post of the day!

Don't drop towers! There was one moment where he fumbled or dropped it up about 4 times in a row, but kept following through and eventually took possession for a goal! That kind of persistence in the face of mediocrity is something we need at the swans.
    We'll need to bring back Melican and ... dare I say it, Aliir for Essendon. Outs would likely be Marsh and Towers. Will they bring Tippo back this week?

That mark by Hayward was incredible for such a young player he's going to be a GUN, he's already more consistent than Rohan. Great win for such a young group hope they can carry it on against Essendon Friday night hopefully at a packed SCG.

Also Zac needs to dispose the ball quicker its like he's waiting for the tackler sometimes.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great win....despite the 'flouro scum'. We're getting our 'never say die' mojo back. Very satisfying!!!
    Umpiring was terrible, just the inconsistency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

So are opposition teams fans going to boo Rance for staging free kicks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Would NINE points do you?
    absobloodylutly!!! OMG I can't get over it!!!

This is what SEN says about our Deano "Might be sent back to NEAFL after gathering just six disposals (four effective) and laying one tackle." See that Dawson dominated again in the NEAFL. Might be time to give him another chance? And Robinson must potentially be in line for a return too?

HOW BLOODY GOOD WAS THAT - I'm still smiling (ok so I'm a bit plastered but I have to drink wine during games whilst I'm at home -it's the only way!!!) ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    That mark by Hayward was incredible for such a young player he's going to be a GUN, he's already more consistent than Rohan. Great win for such a young group hope they can carry it on against Essendon Friday night hopefully at a packed SCG.

Also Zac needs to dispose the ball quicker its like he's waiting for the tackler sometimes.
    I love what Hayward has shown already. He looks like he has the body of a boy still - he will be something after a year or two in the gym! Love the way he goes about it! I hope he can have a week where he kicks 3 or 4 as he deserves a rising star nomination for his ability to contribute week after week, despite having quiet patches in between.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    That kind of persistence in the face of mediocrity is something we need at the swans.
    Hahaha, harsh but true after the start to season 2017!

Excellent summary of Towers there BP!

His persistence and second efforts are vastly better this season, but he still frustrates no end. Look at the lead up to the Papley goal in the last. Kicked it into the man, went hard again and this pretty much miskicked it and had the luck to find Papley.

He will be a player to forever frustrate i feel (like Rohan does at times!), but his efforts are appreciated.