Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: BT is intolerable

It's not just Sydney supporters. I think you'll find the majority of followers of the game dislike a lot of ch7 commentators. Read the comments section

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Read MCS comment from earlier he was allowed in they allowed access to all players they just said don't go wandering around our rooms sticking mic's into peoples facing which is not an unreasonable request.

Also don't compare our club to Trump.
    Why do the swans want to control who the media talk to?

BT is intolerable

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    But I didn't think there was any anti-Swans bias in the commentary of the end stages of the game, and nor did I get a sense that BT was disappointed that the Swans had won. I thought all the commentators (who individually I do find pretty irritating) were just caught up in the extra drama of the game.
    This is probably true, however, I do think that they had preempted the script a little bit and the commentary started to go in that direction (pumping up the team - and therefore their supporters - most likely to win). At certain moments it just seemed that they were wanting an Essendon 'hero' and were readying the "they've gone through so much" speech. Clearly, everyone was shocked at the final result as it basically seemed impossible.

At one point, during Essendon's run of goals, Bruce simply exclaimed "Yes!", which did seem a little like cheering.

Good commentary used to be the result of quick and eloquent reactionary thought. Now it seems that the moment needs to be built before it happens (which can result in numerous inane exchanges, or emotional deflations when it is unrealised). This has been going on for years though.

I don't think I have a favourite commentator anymore. I did enjoy Quartermaine on certain occasions though (and Michael Christian too). Not sure I have much time for Hudson, and McAvaney is too dismissive of middling players now (like BT and Commetti during his later calls).

Of course, I watch the football with a passionate bias, and you can become a bit tin-eared when your own team plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    This is probably true, however, I do think that they had preempted the script a little bit and the commentary started to go in that direction (pumping up the team - and therefore their supporters - most likely to win). At certain moments it just seemed that they were wanting an Essendon 'hero' and were readying the "they've gone through so much" speech. Clearly, everyone was shocked at the final result as it basically seemed impossible.

At one point, during Essendon's run of goals, Bruce simply exclaimed "Yes!", which did seem a little like cheering.

Good commentary used to be the result of quick and eloquent reactionary thought. Now it seems that the moment needs to be built before it happens (which can result in numerous inane exchanges, or emotional deflations when it is unrealised). This has been going on for years though.

I don't think I have a favourite commentator anymore. I did enjoy Quartermaine on certain occasions though (and Michael Christian too). Not sure I have much time for Hudson, and McAvaney is too dismissive of middling players now (like BT and Commetti during his later calls).

Of course, I watch the football with a passionate bias, and you can become a bit tin-eared when your own team plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This "hero" story the commentators are continually trying to push on the public just highlights how out of touch they are with the normal everyday person. No1 is buying it n they shouldn't be trying to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why do the swans want to control who the media talk to?
    Because these questions are so important to ask and without BT asking Zac Smith what colour Gatorade he might drink the fabric for afl falls apart.

Have your camera in a fixed position and the players you want to talk to will come to you rather than you interrupting players sharing a great win with family and friends and having a conversation.

Even US sports media which for some reason we're hell bent on becoming on air personalities aren't allowed to roam around the change rooms with a camera and mic.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Because these questions are so important to ask and without BT asking Zac Smith what colour Gatorade he might drink the fabric for afl falls apart.

Have your camera in a fixed position and the players you want to talk to will come to you rather than you interrupting players sharing a great win with family and friends and having a conversation.

Even US sports media which for some reason we're hell bent on becoming on air personalities aren't allowed to roam around the change rooms with a camera and mic.

AFLPA should put a stop to Roamin Brian. Players don't need this invasion of the inner sanctum just because of one giant ego. They are already accessible enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    AFLPA should put a stop to Roamin Brian. Players don't need this invasion of the inner sanctum just because of one giant ego. They are already accessible enough.
    Done properly with a good interviewer it would be very good. The problem is the idiot asking the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Done properly with a good interviewer it would be very good. The problem is the idiot asking the questions.
    That's the irony of BT's complaint - if there was a little more preparation and pre-work with the club/players, you could set up some of those chats and make them look relatively spontaneous and interesting. Personally I think it's boring to see most players give short responses to try and end the intrusion ASAP.

No footy on Channel 7 in Sydney tonight! I thought they were trying to grow the game? Melbourne v West Coast just about to start - a worthy top 8 clash. Why isn't it on tv??

Veteran Site Admin
    Is Taylor normally allowed (by other clubs) to wander around their rooms after games sticking the microphone under players' noses? I never watch C7 so I genuinely have no idea whether that is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    When the swans deny media access to reporters, they are denying access to you and me. The swans head office have always wanted to control the media. To me that is unhealthy and a bit trump-like.
    No Cookies | Herald Sun
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Yes, it's quite funny for 2 reasons. Funny because you can see players hiding from him, and funny because he plays the fool.
    You do get interviews with the lesser lights which is good.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast