Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 15 V Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The Dees have ruled out Garlett, Watts and Hogan. Not sure whether Jones is any chance to return (or if he was not mentioned because it's already known he'll miss for a few weeks).
    Yuge

Changes my tip

Senior Player
    Jones and McVeigh in for Florent and Towers. We lose some foot-speed, but McVeigh is pretty quick between the ears. I think McVeigh will play forward.

Warming the Bench
    What talls do the Dees have in their forward line? We might drop Melican again if he doesn't have a match up, not that he's done anything wrong except being tall

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    If towers ever plays one more game for this club's seniors it will be one too many. I'm bloody done. Play another kid.

No composure, had long enough. Move on.
    Tries hard, but...

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    And a true 'Florentine steak' uses Chianina beef, and is always served rare. The steaks are enormous and designed to be shared...A Tuscan delight!
    mmmm...I wouldnt mind sharing a bit of Florentine's meat.

Lets see how the umpires react to the new Victorian football fairytale that is the Melbourne Demons

Veterans List
    From the photos on the swans site from today's training, Towers is wearing the yellow top so I assume that means he is out.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Lets see how the umpires react to the new Victorian football fairytale that is the Melbourne Demons
    Worrying thought...Given the anti Swan talk circulating in the media.

Plus I've noticed a lot of the, "Swans like to shut the game down" commentators talk, lately. Which insinuates some kind of negative tactics outside the spirit of the game.

This commentary is never backed up by actual shut down tactics, because there aren't any. You shut a team down by out pressuring and out tackling them.

It might be prudent for Horse to get on the front foot here and have a preemptive chat with the umps boss to implore they don't get sucked in by the negative Swans crap.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Worrying thought...Given the anti Swan talk circulating in the media.

Plus I've noticed a lot of the, "Swans like to shut the game down" commentators talk, lately. Which insinuates some kind of negative tactics outside the spirit of the game.

This commentary is never backed up by actual shut down tactics, because there aren't any. You shut a team down by out pressuring and out tackling them.

It might be prudent for Horse to get on the front foot here and have a preemptive chat with the umps boss to implore they don't get sucked in by the negative Swans crap.
    They've been saying that since 05 all commentators do is repeat the same thing over and over again and agree with each other even if doesn't make sense or backed up by anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    They've been saying that since 05 all commentators do is repeat the same thing over and over again and agree with each other even if doesn't make sense or backed up by anything.
    They slowed right down on the' shut down' talk after Roos left. (Except a few lazy commentators)

The footy commentary on the Swans has generally been far more positive during the Horse era.( Things like 'slingshot footy, great spread, fierce pressure' etc).

But I've noticed a lot more of the 'shut down' talk creeping back in lately.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Good point.....now I'm worried!

They slowed right down on the' shut down' talk after Roos left. (Except a few lazy commentators)

The footy commentary on the Swans has generally been far more positive during the Horse era.( Things like 'slingshot footy, great spread, fierce pressure' etc).

But I've noticed a lot more of the 'shut down' talk creeping back in lately.
    Has that just been largely this week? I mean, for the conspiracy theory about us watering the SCG to work, the wet ground had to advantage our style of play, therefore we are obsessed with playing lock down football. Like most conspiracy theories, most of the facts and the conclusion are wrong.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast