Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 7 vs Hawthorn at the MCG on Sunday 28 April 2024, 12 PM Sydney time

Senior Player

Rnd 7 vs Hawthorn at the MCG on Sunday 28 April 2024, 12 PM Sydney time

Last game of the round vs the struggling Hawks.

If we win, GWS win and Geelong lose, we could have a NSW top 2 (depending on %), which will make some VFL supporters really livid about academies etc.

Hard to change a winning team, but if Parker is ready for a full/half game, it seems Campbell will come out.

Or if Parker is going to play more forward than midfield, maybe Hayward as sub?

I don’t think any changes are in contention this week.

Rampe must be close and Parker can play 60% minutes in the reserves.

I would like Campbell to be fully backed in the starting side. Make Cunningham or Lloyd the sub instead. Campbell’s kick is a weapon that opens up the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Last game of the round vs the struggling Hawks.

If we win, GWS win and Geelong lose, we could have a NSW top 2 (depending on %), which will make some VFL supporters really livid about academies etc.

Hard to change a winning team, but if Parker is ready for a full/half game, it seems Campbell will come out.

Or if Parker is going to play more forward than midfield, maybe Hayward as sub?
    Do you honestly believe they would drop Haywood?

James Rowbottom plays his 100th game this Sunday. Was interviewed by Andy Mahr & Andrew Gaze on SEN this afternoon. James came across very level headed & impressive. Worth a listen as it covers quite a range of topics.

The Run Home | Andy & Gazey | 1116 SEN

Just announced on AFL360 that Buddy will be doing a lap.of honour at the MCG this Sunday in front of the fans for the 2 clubs he played for.

Regular in the Side
    Danger game, these are the one where we struggle. RICHMOND remember

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And in the latest episode of learning about the composition of our leadership group by accident, we now officially know Gulden is in it. Rowie mentioned in passing at his presser today. We might have suspected it from Errol doing the toss in a preseason game but the club had not confirmed till now. A bit like learning Adams was in it from the guernsey presentation before his first game.

And yes, Rowie speaks brilliantly "I pride myself on being consistent" - Rowbottom

So, we know now Mills, Paps, Gulden, Adams and Rampe. We’re not sure on whether Parker stayed like Ramps. Anyone else seen bread crumbs anywhere on that. Or others.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    And in the latest episode of learning about the composition of our leadership group by accident, we now officially know Gulden is in it. Rowie mentioned in passing at his presser today. We might have suspected it from Errol doing the toss in a preseason game but the club had not confirmed till now. A bit like learning Adams was in it from the guernsey presentation before his first game.

And yes, Rowie speaks brilliantly "I pride myself on being consistent" - Rowbottom

So, we know now Mills, Paps, Gulden, Adams and Rampe. We’re not sure on whether Parker stayed like Ramps. Anyone else seen bread crumbs anywhere on that. Or others.
    I think Longmire said that Parker and Rampe would hold the fort until Mills is ready to return - that was before they both got injured themselves - so I took that as a confirmation that Parker remains in the leadership group.

Senior Player
    AFL website says Parker is a test for this week, and may be AFL/VFL.

This next bit belongs in the List Management thread, but is from same article so am mentioning here - Reid is listed as 1 week away from his latest injury.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Just announced on AFL360 that Buddy will be doing a lap.of honour at the MCG this Sunday in front of the fans for the 2 clubs he played for.
    That's great news. I'll get to farewell him properly. I know he had to be pushed to do the farewell lap at the SCG last year, but you could see how much the response from the fans meant to him. I hope he receives the same response from the Hawthorn fans. I know the Red and White fans will be cheering loudly!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Hopefully that Richmond game is engraved on their brains and they realise you can't be even a few % off your best against any side.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I don't really understand this concept of "danger game". If it's just a game where we might lose if we don't play close to our bests, then surely ever game is a danger game? And so labelling individual games as a "danger game" becomes a bit pointless?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast