Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
Yup thats right. 250k x 3 years from afl - proven.

And then they overspent by 500k (I do think last years annual report said current 400k debt but I heard total 500k). Hence going to declare bankruptcy until AFL stepped in. Don't understand how 3 of those board members are still around the club. Must be a very good burger.
I no fan of Baulko, but lets get the facts right.
1. Sydney AFL did not make a payment of $250k per year to East Coast - the AFL did, and from my understanding, this goes to every team in the NEAFL
2. Sydney AFL did payout their debt, but East Coast have to pay it back, interest free
3. East Coast are not the only club to have a Board / Committee spend greater than their income in the hope of success - Saviour this was your club less than 10 years ago.
4. I am disappointed the the Sydney AFL was not strategic enough to put caveats around player payments, while they still have a debt - but that is history.

If you look at the ladder position of all their teams East Coast face a decade of pain, which they brought on themselves by their approach to a having a NEAFL team, not because of the NEAFL team.