Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 18 Sydney V St Kilda. SCG. 19.25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    8 contested marks for Sinclair! The most in the AFL this season
    And equal 3rd highest of all time!

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    This week: GOAL KICKING PRACTICE

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    This week: GOAL KICKING PRACTICE
    Hopefully things will turn around in this area. It has cost us a few percentage points and we should have buried a few teams to the tune of 70 points. Hope it doesn't cost us an upcoming game or worse, a final.

I said to my mate at the footy
    "Buddy's ability to strike the ball squarely and accurately so consistently is outstanding , his ball drop and timing to his outswinging left boot is as sweet as it gets."

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, some of the media seem to think he might be in trouble with the Tribunal. I would have thought, that to be suspended, that you need to have done something illegal? I don't see what was actually illegal in the tackle? It wasn't high, nor was it too low. It wasn't in the back. It wasn't late. There was no slinging motion and he didn't lift him. I would find it quite surreal, if he got punished in any way, for something that didn't even deserve a free.
    I thought it was a great tackle. It's not his fault that the Saints player jumped in the air. I compare it to Rougheads tackle on Hanners in the 2014 GF which everyone applauded and labelled as ferocious and fair. It looks bad but there is nothing wrong with it.

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Hopefully things will turn around in this area. It has cost us a few percentage points and we should have buried a few teams to the tune of 70 points. Hope it doesn't cost us an upcoming game or worse, a final.
    It will cost us the win against the Hawks if we kick less goals than behinds against them. They will not let us waste inside 50s like these other teams have.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I thought it was a great tackle. It's not his fault that the Saints player jumped in the air. I compare it to Rougheads tackle on Hanners in the 2014 GF which everyone applauded and labelled as ferocious and fair. It looks bad but there is nothing wrong with it.
    I'm not sure if I remember anything from the 2014 GF?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    The commentators at the time seemed to think it was fine, but I did not see the after match discussion - did they reflect back on it?

Regardless of whether the ball was there or not, can you have a round arm swing that by the nature of the action will hit an opponent in the head? Parker was lucky not to get a broken nose (or worse).

The line of thinking that saw Jones bump get cleared (i.e. the ball was in the vicinity) seems to be used as justification for incidental contact. This needs to be reviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toby Greene didn't get suspended for deliberately punching someone in a marking contest this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    It will cost us the win against the Hawks if we kick less goals than behinds against them. They will not let us waste inside 50s like these other teams have.
    Probably

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Our goal-kicking accuracy is ranked 13th out of 18 with 51.4%.

As it stands right now, Melbourne are ranked first with 57.4%, Western Bulldogs are last with 46.6%.

What's winning games for us is our defence. We're ranked 2nd for least points conceded.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Toby Greene didn't get suspended for deliberately punching someone in a marking contest this year.
    That should say didn't Toby Greene... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That should say didn't Toby Greene... ?
    He did - and deservedly so, but there was an outcry from some in the media that he should not have been due to the ball being there (although he was also late with the 'spoil').

Brereton led the defence of Jones in the media and the same language that he employed was then used in the MRP report. It doesn't take long for something to become accepted practice (although it could swing back again just as quickly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast