Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 20. Geelong V Sydney. Simonds Stadium 19.50 pm.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    You are wrong. That was the first incident, when he got tangled up with Zack Smith. He got strapped up after that one and came back on. I'm talking about the next incident, when he was tackled by Buddy and got his ankle snagged because he was sloping down and staging for a free kick rather than doing anything positive - as per normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    First one was jumping onto his own player's foot. The second one, which ended his night, was in the Franklin tackle.
    SS Bleeder apparently didn't notice a player going off, being strapped up, doing run throughs, coming back on, being the subject of much praise from the commentators for his bravery (there should be a statue of him next to Simpson and his Donkey), competing for most of a quarter and then eventually getting injured in a separate incident. Make of that what you will. I make no comment.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    So do we cheer for Richmond and GWS to keep those behind us at bay or for Hawthorn and Melbourne and strike for top 4?
    Yes, it's a bit of a dilemma, but I think I'll be going for GWS and Hawthorn to lose, because lately, I've been having a hard time deciding which of those two I hate the most.

The Swans win! I am so happy and relieved - my weekends always suck after a loss (which are much worse when they start on Friday night).

I just do not understand the application of the HTB rule anymore. It was a game of two-halves in that respect. There is no consistency week to week either. Try comparing the way it was umpired in the first half tonight with that of last week's first half - two different rules it would seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Sinclair had Macca standing all by himself 25 out while lining up for his shot on goal, but decided to kick a behind instead. He's consistent.
    Sinkers made Tippett look ordinary.

After the awful evening in front of the telly last Friday night, what an absolutely enjoyable evening that was tonight.

A superb performance in so many ways - after a sluggish few minutes early, we really dominated large chunks of that game, and it was only poor kicking at times that we didn't finish them off earlier. A really even, good performance across so many players tonight. Young guys like Hayward and Papley put their hands up, hard heads with experience like Hanners/Parker/Jack/McVeigh all played well, others all played their role. A really, really good sign going towards September that we had such an even contribution across the field, at a place where it is always so hard to me.

And to me, it is clear who in 2017 is our most important player in terms of playing his role - it is clearly Jake Lloyd. We look an entirely different team when he is out there, and I have little doubt we may have had different results against the Wees and Poos had we had him there.

And to think all that with Buddy in some very ordinary form by his lofty standards. We know he will lift come finals time - so bring it on! As long as someone finishes off Hawthorn for us, we can win the flag this year, no doubt about it!

Also, typical Chris Scott finding lots of reasons to make the cats loss not look anywhere near as bad as it was - including plenty of crapping on about all their young players. Lots of teams have lots of young players, and important guys out - quality teams generally find a way to deal with it.

As Teddy Richards has said on Twitter week after week - keep chopping Swannies!!!

https://twitter.com/tedrichards25/st...47810997133312
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, it's a bit of a dilemma, but I think I'll be going for GWS and Hawthorn to lose, because lately, I've been having a hard time deciding which of those two I hate the most.
    Yeah, fair. Also, Giants have Bulldogs, WCE and Geelong after Melbourne this week. We have better %. Gettable.

You are wrong. That was the first incident, when he got tangled up with Zack Smith. He got strapped up after that one and came back on. I'm talking about the next incident, when he was tackled by Buddy and got his ankle snagged because he was sloping down and staging for a free kick rather than doing anything positive - as per normal.
    No YOU are wrong. That was when he exacerbated his injury, not when he injured it. If you're going to be critical get your facts right. You said that second incident was the cause of his injury. All I'm doing is correcting you error.
    Yep. Utterly delicious that Selwood doing his usual drop and duck garbage caused the injury.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 5th August 2017 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Sinkers made Tippett look ordinary.
    Tippett has played stuff all consistent footy for nearly 12 months & he's just coming back from injury (again). Maybe cut him some slack?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I want Hawthorn to miss finals this year. They are the team I fear the most. Clarkson can consistently execute the right gameplan against us.
    As long as someone finishes them off for us (I wouldn't mind someone taking out the fairypuppies too - mainly cause I have a graduate in my team at work that is a 'dogs fan and he is infuriating me all over again about '16), then I have no doubt we can beat anyone if we play near out best.

Crows in Adelaide in a couple of weeks time is going to be an interesting game of footy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Hayward's goals give the most joy.
    This kid is going to be an absolute beast in 2 or 3 seasons. He can mark the ball, is a good kick in general, and has great positional sense. Only thing missing is the body to go with it. I know he is a different style of player, but reminds me a lot of Luke Parker in terms of where his 'footy brain' and skills are so early in his career - and just waiting for his body to catch up
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Parker has a pretty good record against Geelong. We'll need him to be close to his best tonight.
    and he was.

SS Bleeder apparently didn't notice a player going off, being strapped up, doing run throughs, coming back on, being the subject of much praise from the commentators for his bravery (there should be a statue of him next to Simpson and his Donkey), competing for most of a quarter and then eventually getting injured in a separate incident. Make of that what you will. I make no comment.
    +1

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    No YOU are wrong. That was when he exacerbated his injury, not when he injured it. If you're going to be critical get your facts right.
    No, as I said, you are wrong (I will resist capitalising, even though it apparently makes comments more correct). Significant commentary was devoted to the fact that it was an outside ankle injury the first time, but a different, inside ankle injury the second time. As you said, "If you're going to be critical get your facts right."
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form