Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 20. Geelong V Sydney. Simonds Stadium 19.50 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Cal Sinclair's last couple of months, including time in the twos, have been really good. I admit he was down against the Hawks but if all our team played with his determination and heart and 100% effort we'd never lose. He is a true blood.
    Good call. Tries his heart out. Naismith and Sinclair our best ruck combo.

Macca had a fair limp in the rooms , hope he's OK .
    Will has taken some marks this year that look pretty impossible when the ball is in the air .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can we please cut the bickering. It doesn't matter who started it. It's pretty dull for everyone else to read.

Thanks
    +1

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'd go for an each way there.....I just want Richmond to kill off the Hawks finals chances.
    Difficult eh, one part of me wants the Hawks out of finals contention, the other part of me wants the cruel joke that can be Wretchmond to continue!

Best scenario is Hawks get knocked out of finals this weekend, then Wretchmond can go out in straight sets in September, fits both my desires :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Also, typical Chris Scott finding lots of reasons to make the cats loss not look anywhere near as bad as it was - including plenty of crapping on about all their young players. Lots of teams have lots of young players, and important guys out - quality teams generally find a way to deal with it.
    To be fair, Zach Guthrie looks like he could be out-bodied by my 16-year old son, whose athletic achievements stretch to being on the school philosophy team.* And take Dangerfield and Selwood (for half a game) out of any team and they are going to struggle. There was some good commentary after the game pointing out that our kids are slightly older and more experience; Newman is 24, Melican is slightly older too, Mills has a year or two on most of them.

Probably not enough made of us missing Kennedy though. He isn't up there with Dangerfield (no-one is) and it hasn't be his best year, but he is still easily top 10 in the league.

* Not 100% true. He is on the philosophy team, but he is also on the fencing team.

Why do most players who sign a new contract have a shocker the week after. I'm looking at you Zac Jones!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Only 7 Thunder Shaker - Freo, Adelaide and Carlton plus 4 finals
    Yes, you are right. I was counting the Geelong game as the eighth game.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Some interesting statistics to provide food for thought:

Possessions: Geelong 375, Sydney 331.
    Clearances: Geelong 43, Sydney 32.

Some other stats were fairly even.
    Free kicks 25 each.
    Inside 50: Geelong 48, Sydney 47.
    Contested: Geelong 149, Sydney 144.
    Tackles: Geelong 83, Sydney 84.
    Hitouts: Geelong 39, Sydney 35.

If you were looking at those and asked to guess the winner and margin, you would guess that Geelong won by a goal or two.

We actually won by 46 points.

This shows that the stats don't matter that much. The only stat that matters is goals � 6 plus behinds = score.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Sinkers made Tippett look ordinary.
    Our talls usually make Tippo look ordinary. To his credit though, he is underdone. He also finished the game seemingly without an injury of any note and he played the tough bits, which was good to see. I watched him adjusting his headband in the third quarter. I took this to be a playful message to AnnieH, who loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Tippett has played stuff all consistent footy for nearly 12 months & he's just coming back from injury (again). Maybe cut him some slack?
    Whoa. Let's not get started on that one. Remember, Tippo didn't get a possession in last year's GF, etc, etc. And he is always returning from injury. You need to give us some slack...and Tippo needs to keep working.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    You clearly don't know the meaning of the word "attack". You chose to have go at what I said to someone else and I responded with some facts. What you posted was an "attack". What I posted was a "response". If you want to have a crack at someone have a go at the various commentators and medicos who all agreed that the second incident, which ended Selwood's night, caused a different injury to the first. Or live in your own world of fantasy and denial. Either is fine by me.
    Give us a break, for Christ's sake. We whipped Geelong at home. Enjoy the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Whoa. Let's not get started on that one. Remember, Tippo didn't get a possession in last year's GF, etc, etc. And he is always returning from injury. You need to give us some slack...and Tippo needs to keep working.
    It might be worthwhile continuing to play him in the hope he hits form. If he doesn't then bring back the Naismith/Sinclair duo for the finals.