Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R23 v Blues

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The emergencies worry me. If they are the best backups come finals then our much vaunted depth is a problem. Clearly there are other issues with Allir than just form. If he is not better than the 3 emergencies ......? As for Dawson, who was miles ahead of any of our other 2's players in the B&F, I am equally perplexed. I am astounded at my own astonishment.
    I think we can safely say Allir won't be seen in the seniors again this year, barring multiple defender injuries, so I'm getting the feeling it's going to come down to his off season efforts, in body and mind, as to whether he gets back in the coaches good books......I have heard nothing except for rumours on RWO but one does, as you've hinted at Nico, get the feeling there's more to all this than just form, as his form has been pretty good.....not discounting the fact that Melican has been virtually un-droppable. I hope this saga has a positive ending for all.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    So Naismith goes into the finals with no match practice!?
    Indicative that Naismith won't play at least the first final.

Foote definitely has an incriminating video.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    My mate is friends with Foote and a few of the Swans boys, apparently he trains very well and is very professional/coaches favourite, but as we all know obviously chokes on game day, but would seem to explain his puzzling continual selection over far better candidates

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I think we can safely say Allir won't be seen in the seniors again this year, barring multiple defender injuries, so I'm getting the feeling it's going to come down to his off season efforts, in body and mind, as to whether he gets back in the coaches good books......I have heard nothing except for rumours on RWO but one does, as you've hinted at Nico, get the feeling there's more to all this than just form, as his form has been pretty good.....not discounting the fact that Melican has been virtually un-droppable. I hope this saga has a positive ending for all.
    I don't think it is anything more than meets the eye. Aliir has been selected as an emergency several times in the 2nd half of the year, but didn't make the final cut. I don't agree with our defensive structure, but it's not a big disagreement. We have had the best defence in the AFL, so one can understand if Longmire doesn't want to make any changes, the conservative person that he is. I've only suggested that Aliir was more suitable for some of the matchups we've been facing than is Mills. But Mills is a better player than Aliir. It's only because of the size and strength difference and can understand going with the better but smaller player. I think Mills will move to the midfield next year and Aliir will take his spot in back six.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't think it is anything more than meets the eye. Aliir has been selected as an emergency several times in the 2nd half of the year, but didn't make the final cut. I don't agree with our defensive structure, but it's not a big disagreement. We have had the best defence in the AFL, so one can understand if Longmire doesn't want to make any changes, the conservative person that he is. I've only suggested that Aliir was more suitable for some of the matchups we've been facing than is Mills. But Mills is a better player than Aliir. It's only because of the size and strength difference and can understand going with the better but smaller player. I think Mills will move to the midfield next year and Aliir will take his spot in back six.
    I hope this happens too.......I saw Allir 'live' at Simmons Stadium last season and was extremely impressed with his ability and composure. Too much talent to be left behind.....

If Hanners has had a crook hip for the past three weeks, why wasn't he replaced with a fit player from the twos ?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    If Hanners has had a crook hip for the past three weeks, why wasn't he replaced with a fit player from the twos ?
    They obviously thought they could 'manage' it.....can't be right all the time I suppose. He's got two weeks off now anyway to get cherry ripe.

They obviously thought they could 'manage' it.....can't be right all the time I suppose. He's got two weeks off now anyway to get cherry ripe.
    Think they needed Hanners in the side until now and have taken the opportunity to rest him.

Really hope 2 weeks off freshens him and Paps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think as a sweeper style seventh defender with the licence to attack as require AA would be perfect. Athletically he is just perfect for that rebounding role and without the direct responsibility of an opponent he loses his downside. And if he can do a bit of ruckwork too then that adds to his value.

The more you look at it we have to shift McVeigh on. We've seen what happens before when players get blocked for chances and he will be the only first 22 team member not available next year so it will be hard enough for the likes of Florent and Dawson to get a chance as it is.

The state of our list also means I just cannot see us trying for any players from other clubs as we have enough trouble giving our own guys games. Look at the list of guys who couldn't get a game last Friday (even allowing that some were injured)

* Naismith
    * Cunningham
    * Dawson
    * Aliir
    * Florent
    * Cameron
    * Marsh
    * Robinson
    * Maibaum

The three in italics will be very very hard to hold off if they have a ripping pre-season and Naismith is of course a senior player.

I still think you need three senior ready ruckmen. IF we trade Tippett then I think we would have to get a journeyman type ruckman in (think Currie or Dawson),

Foote definitely has an incriminating video.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    Or somebody on the match committee has a Foote fetish.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Or somebody on the match committee has a Foote fetish.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I hope this happens too.......I saw Allir 'live' at Simmons Stadium last season and was extremely impressed with his ability and composure. Too much talent to be left behind.....
    I blame Malcolm Turnbull, he seems to have the reverse-Midas touch over the last few years.
    [and please don't let this descend into a political @@@@ fight thread, its just that ever since AA was applauded by the PM, AA's form and health have been down]
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast