Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R23 v Blues

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    So Naismith goes into the finals with no match practice!?
    Sam can play in the NEAFL finals next weekend......and so can Kurt, maybe, if the coaches want more game time in him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Good move if they're a bit sore to give them a couple of weeks off.
    Probably more than a bit sore given top 4 still theoretically in play. Hope the two weeks off will be enough. Surprised Naismith isn't back in . Longmire I think said he was fit earlier in the week.

It sort of makes it easier to get our finals team set. When Hanners and Papley come back in 2 weeks it will be easier to drop Towers and Hayward. Then we will only be an Aliir for Sinclair swap away from our best side.

Veteran Site Admin
    Better those changes this week than for the first week of the finals. There really is no point in risking players for what is almost a dead rubber. (I realise it's not completely dead, but the team could win, and win handsomely, and still find itself in 6th. And even if we lose, we'll still finish 6th.)

It at least gives Cunningham a chance to put his name forward for senior selection. He wouldn't be preferred over Papley (and definitely not Hanners) if/when they're available again, but it gives him a chance to stake a claim playing in the same team as the likes of Towers and Newman, who he could possibly edge out on merit once the others return.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Sam can play in the NEAFL finals next weekend......and so can Kurt, maybe, if the coaches want more game time in him.
    Per the explanation Ugg provided earlier this week, Naismith will be able to play in the NEAFL next weekend but Tippo won't (as he's been selected for this r23 game).

Veterans List
    The emergencies worry me. If they are the best backups come finals then our much vaunted depth is a problem. Clearly there are other issues with Allir than just form. If he is not better than the 3 emergencies ......? As for Dawson, who was miles ahead of any of our other 2's players in the B&F, I am equally perplexed. I am astounded at my own astonishment.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    In: Harry Cunningham, Nic Newman
    Out: Dan Hannebery (Hip), Tom Papley (Knee)
    Emergencies: Jordan Foote, Jeremy Laidler, Daniel Robinson

What does Dawson have to do to get a game?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    In: Harry Cunningham, Nic Newman
    Out: Dan Hannebery (Hip), Tom Papley (Knee)
    Emergencies: Jordan Foote, Jeremy Laidler, Daniel Robinson

What does Dawson have to do to get a game?
    This weekend would have been a perfect opportunity but I guess the coaches are thinking next year for him and feel it's more important to give Harry a chance to get back to his early season form, which was good, for the sake of finals depth. Let's face it, Dawson was never going to play finals anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It sort of makes it easier to get our finals team set. When Hanners and Papley come back in 2 weeks it will be easier to drop Towers and Hayward. Then we will only be an Aliir for Sinclair swap away from our best side.
    You are going to be very disappointed in a fortnight

Very surprised Naismith didn't get a game, if only for the match practice ... or is he the only one that can play next week?

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    You are going to be very disappointed in a fortnight
    I don't expect that we will have our best side on the ground for the finals due to our ostensible commitment to playing 2 ruckmen. But it's good to see that we are getting so close. We have Newman, Cunningham, Towers and Hayward in the side, so we can see who puts in the best performances. They must all know the pressure is on them for the last 2 spots and they'll all want to put on good show. Let's see what happens.

Senior Player
    Foote definitely has an incriminating video.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast