Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All Australian

I can see why Kennedy misses. Club played like @@@@@ for the first six n Kennedy was down as well but I'd still have Sloane in over Selwood. You can't on one hand say Greene missed to many games so wasn't selected but not Selwood. Selwood missed a fair chunk to when you take into account the games he wasn't selected in due to injury n the game he was injured in n the game he got ko'd in. I know I come back to it a lot but it's the elephant in the room, how many of the selectors are based in Melbourne n how many work in Melbourne media. If it wasn't for Jonathan Brown repeatedly highlighting how good Zorko was on On The Couch n Friday night footy on Foxtel I think he wouldn't get selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    I can see why Kennedy misses. Club played like @@@@@ for the first six n Kennedy was down as well but I'd still have Sloane in over Selwood. You can't on one hand say Greene missed to many games so wasn't selected but not Selwood. Selwood missed a fair chunk to when you take into account the games he wasn't selected in due to injury n the game he was injured in n the game he got ko'd in. I know I come back to it a lot but it's the elephant in the room, how many of the selectors are based in Melbourne n how many work in Melbourne media. If it wasn't for Jonathan Brown repeatedly highlighting how good Zorko was on On The Couch n Friday night footy on Foxtel I think he wouldn't get selected.
    I don't think JPK deserved AA this year (cue howls of protest).

He started poorly and whilst he regained his mojo along with the rest of the side I think he has been below last year's form by quite a bit. It was a great effort for him the get the nomination though

It's a pretty boring night, does it mean a great deal to those selected. I'm sure it does, but most of them look like they would rather be at training.
    Only Robbo has a bit of a crack about the state of he game or whether J. K . should be captain.
    Has Buddy got 7 of those jackets taking up space in Jacinta's walk in?

Veterans List
    My thoughts on the AA team is, besides 'well done Bud', sure, we're probably under represented.....but there is bigger fish to fry and it could be the sweetest revenge. Roll on finals!

Veterans List
    Glad to see serial snipers weren't rewarded. If Mr.Punchable Face had got a gig, it would have really tarnished being AA.

Bud was always going to get CHF after his Coleman. Ten on Saturday just franked it and after watching the replay tonight, could easily have had a couple more.

Kennedy had a quiet start to the season, but all that matters is he's in form and primed for September action.

Regular in the Side
    I cannot argue Kennedy getting in ... he is a legend ... but seemed to struggle on occasions this year (perhaps injury) ... but a stat that does hurt his overall performance is ineffective disposal ... they were clearly citing the effective disposal of those who did get selected. At times we have rose coloured glasses about those we admire. A bench place would have been nice ... perhaps others can check the effective disposal comparison to those who were chosen in his position.
    Congrats to Sam Mitchell ... perhaps there is a message in his fantastic year.

Senior Player
    Regardless of the choices, it makes a pretty dud night's tv.
    Young guys struggling to get into ill fitting , garish jackets they would normally not be seen anywhere near.
    Bored Virgin girl looking as if she would rather be home skewering her eyeballs.
    Even Gerard phoned it in last night with his interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

He started poorly and whilst he regained his mojo along with the rest of the side I think he has been below last year's form by quite a bit. It was a great effort for him the get the nomination though
    Yeh it's exactly what I thought on the night leading into it. Don't agree with the Selwood selection at all though. How do you think Brisbane supporters feel today seeing 2 of the go home five make it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I cannot argue Kennedy getting in ... he is a legend ... but seemed to struggle on occasions this year (perhaps injury) ... but a stat that does hurt his overall performance is ineffective disposal ... they were clearly citing the effective disposal of those who did get selected. At times we have rose coloured glasses about those we admire. A bench place would have been nice ... perhaps others can check the effective disposal comparison to those who were chosen in his position.
    Congrats to Sam Mitchell ... perhaps there is a message in his fantastic year.
    You mean Tom don't you?

I think I'd rather win a granny than have 10 players in the team be AA.
    Joey was robbed.
    Onya Buddy.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Unsure that he started poorly. I thought that Kennedy was carrying the team for the first 6 weeks.

Ave 28 Disp, 5 tackles, and a goal from 4 out 6 games. Not bad for a mid. Any others available.

The team started poorly but Kennedy should win the Skilton medal again. A lot of people with poor memories of what Kennedy did. We would have been flogged every game without him.

Warming the Bench
    I think people on here are way too paranoid re the media
    The same selection panel picked plenty of swans last year.
    We get plenty of credit for our comeback in the Melbourne media

I think Bud was deserving JPK would've been lucky if he made the 22
    He had a much better year than Selwood though

Lloyd, Rampe and Grundy undersold should've been in the 40 in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

I agree except about Joey "starting poorly". But overall he hasn't been quite as good as the past couple of years.

Don't agree with selection of Joel Selwood. Don't agree that Rampe was hard done by missing the 40 - he missed a lot of games and wasn't at his best when he first returned. Our best players haven't had their best years (Buddy is an exception, he has had a good year - this has been compensated for by the fact that our other players have stepped up (especially Lloyd but also players like Newman, Papley, Hewett etc.).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast