Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr September = Cal Sinclair?

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    +1

Naismith really showed his worth last night, very important to our structure. If only he could just add a little bit more around the ground he'd be in the elite ruckmen class and I think he has enough development in him to get there.

Sinclair just seems so more potent than Tippett. I agree he isn't a great ruckman but it is certainly good having him there in the event of an injury to Sam or to just give him a break though Towers seemed to fill in there again last night.

Really happy for Towers, it cannot be easy always knowing you are the 21st or 22nd name on the sheet but last night he was very good.

Melican's return will further boost the team next week if he plays.

Finally, a big well done to the match committee getting the big selection decisions right.
    It's hard for Naismith to build that tank when he hasn't played a full season due to injury since he's been at the club. I actually think we've done to Tippet what has happened to Sinclair. We've tried to turn him into a number 1 ruck when he's a key forward who has the occasional spell in the ruck. His body just will never be up to a full season of ruck work imo

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Could Cal Sinclair be our next Mitch Morton?
    More like our next LRT. He is our original and our best. Sinclair is similar in that he doesn't look like a natural footballer but plays his role all game long.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes I agree. Don't want to jinx them but if they both continue this form I think we will have a successful September. To win a premiership your bottom six have to perform.
    Clunkers and Towering are our bottom six

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    More like our next LRT. He is our original and our best. Sinclair is similar in that he doesn't look like a natural footballer but plays his role all game long.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Good comparison RS! LRT was a great finals player . Like Callum, ungainly but effective!

Quote Originally Posted by controlink View Post
    Brilliant game from Sinclair and Towers but I think the label of Mr. September should belong to JPK. Unlucky he doesn't have 2 norm smith medals really..
    The difference is that JPK is this good ALL the time, not just in the finals.

Opposing coaches have been given a lot more headaches for match ups they didn't think mattered very much at all.

Veterans List
    Towers tumbling goal was one of the highlights of the game for me. Also, seeing other Swans looking for him to kick to is such a shift from even a few months ago.

Heard Sandy Roberts refer to Deano as faulty. The other panel members looked questionably at him. He had to explain "faulty as in faulty towers".
    Maybe they thought he was referring to Dean's 'sometimes' mistakes, which by the way he didn't make in that game.

His two banana goals were textbook perfect .
    Doesn't matter what they call him , hes not quite cult hero but he's a excellent story of perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Clunkers and Towering are our bottom six
    Perhaps, but if they continue to improve their consistency they will be overtaking others.... They are moving upward in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Belmasta View Post
    Perhaps, but if they continue to improve their consistency they will be overtaking others.... They are moving upward in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And the AFLCA/Gary Ayers votes tend to confirm that. Kennedy 10 votes, Parker 8 votes and coming in at equal third, Sinclair and Towers on 5 each.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And the AFLCA/Gary Ayers votes tend to confirm that. Kennedy 10 votes, Parker 8 votes and coming in at equal third, Sinclair and Towers on 5 each.
    Well done both of them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12