Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day SEMI FINAL Geelong v Sydney MCG 7.50pm Friday 15 September

We managed to make an ordinary side look a lot better than they are. Really disappointing given how hard we've worked to get back into the running this year.

Either way, the winner tonight wasn't going to make the GF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    As is the intercept shortly after. Who took the swans away and where are they?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Oh well kids I'm off to bed a @@@@ day made even worse - let's do it all again next year - love you long time xx

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    We were more than capable of winning with this selected team though. Our best players all went missing, so there's no point arguing over which bottom 6 player should/shouldn't have played.
    I was happy with the team we went in with, bar the Melican non selection, but we have just had a collective shocker. I am starting to worry they are carrying ghosts of '14 and '16 into crunch finals and it's screwing with them mentally. Very worrying. So much talent completely goes to waste.....

One of those nights where nothing went right. Out played n out coached. Now we can all look forward to Dawson stepping up n Florent/Hayward improvement n Aliir hopefully returning to form next year????

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    We were more than capable of winning with this selected team though. Our best players all went missing, so there's no point arguing over which bottom 6 player should/shouldn't have played.
    85% of the team is playing terribly. They structure has looked a mess from the start. The attitude has been awful. They've lost almost every contest. The coach has looked resigned from the second quarter. Team selection was poor. Those things are related.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I was happy with the team we went in with, bar the Melican non selection, but we have just had a collective shocker. I am starting to worry they are carrying ghosts of '14 and '16 into crunch finals and it's screwing with them mentally. Very worrying. So much talent completely goes to waste.....
    Starting to get sick of these games too. Our engine room shuts down, we can't lock the ball into our forward line or stick any tackles. And look incapable of achieving anything going into our forward line.

Time for big changes.

Longmire goes or a number of players.

My view is Longmire, the talent is there is needs to be sharpened and focused. A new start is needed for this group, with Longmire as coach we are carrying too much baggage.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Did you hold the same views when we were winning ????

- - - Updated - - -

114-45 marks.
    431-311 disposals

Intensity just not there tonight.

Dangerfield got some rubbish frees but no doubt he blew the game open early. Their forward structure was good - we couldn't keep it inside 50. Anytime we bombed it forward they marked it.

Wet weather was never a good thing for us but hard to explain why our miss were so far off the mark.

There will be plenty of teams lining up to sign Longmire. Only worth sacking someone if there's a replacement.

We were simply terrible - can't blame coach all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    The silver lining is that we can't blame the umpires for stealing a flag from us this year.

Veterans List
    Ahhh, the 7 stages of grief....I've experienced the first three already but the rest may take much longer...... it is going to be a long summer.