Page 100 of 418 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,189 to 1,200 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He's contracted till end of 2019.
    Thanks Ugg. I still think WC will come sniffing for Cameron as they'll be very desperate if Lycett leaves. Another year on his contract doesn't mean much, considering St Kilda are sniffing Hanners who has 3 years on his contract.

Cameron only got 1 senior game this year. Will his chances improve next year assuming Naismith makes a successful return from injury? Compare to going back home & almost ensuring getting regular senior games at WC in Nic Nat's absence
    Just hypothesising, but we'll be in a position of strength in any trade talk as he'll still be contracted. In saying all that, would still like him in red & white!

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Thanks Ugg. I still think WC will come sniffing for Cameron as they'll be very desperate if Lycett leaves. Another year on his contract doesn't mean much, considering St Kilda are sniffing Hanners who has 3 years on his contract.

Cameron only got 1 senior game this year. Will his chances improve next year assuming Naismith makes a successful return from injury? Compare to going back home & almost ensuring getting regular senior games at WC in Nic Nat's absence
    Just hypothesising, but we'll be in a position of strength in any trade talk as he'll still be contracted. In saying all that, would still like him in red & white!
    I think if we get a decent offer for Cameron, we should trade him. With McCartin a year older, Reid fit (?!!?), Naismith to return and Blakey, he's potentially going to be a long way down the pecking order as a tall forward. Even worse if we do trade in Darcy Moore. I can't see a bright future for him at the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think if we get a decent offer for Cameron, we should trade him. With McCartin a year older, Reid fit (?!!?), Naismith to return and Blakey, he's potentially going to be a long way down the pecking order as a tall forward. Even worse if we do trade in Darcy Moore. I can't see a bright future for him at the Swans.
    I think Cameron will be our #1 ruckman next year, regardless of the injury status of Naismith. Cameron will be better than Nankervis. Would be a pity if we traded both of them.

Genuine question - while some AFL players have had good careers after return from ACL knee ops, are there good examples of success with ruckmen?

I am wondering if the particular stress on knees from ruck contests makes them more vulnerable both before and after ACL problems.

I note that Nic Naitanui did his left knee in a ruck contest (and has since had a left knee reconstruction) after returning from a right knee reconstruction.

I am a bit nervous re relying on a successful Naismith return.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Genuine question - while some AFL players have had good careers after return from ACL knee ops, are there good examples of success with ruckmen?

I am wondering if the particular stress on knees from ruck contests makes them more vulnerable both before and after ACL problems.

I note that Nic Naitanui did his left knee in a ruck contest (and has since had a left knee reconstruction) after returning from a right knee reconstruction.

Max Gawn
    Zac Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Cameron will be our #1 ruckman next year, regardless of the injury status of Naismith. Cameron will be better than Nankervis. Would be a pity if we traded both of them.
    That’s a big step up from 47 unconvincing minutes in one terrible game. Why are you so confident?

Max Gawn
    Zac Smith
    Ok thanks, pretty good examples. Though (after a quick search) I do note that Gawn has had two right knee reconstructions, 2009 (before the Demons recruited him) and 2012 (injured again in pre-season training).

So in a way he is both a good & bad example!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Anyone else think Jack has played himself back into form the last few games?

I thought we should definitely retire him at the end of the year a few weeks ago but he's looked good the last 2 games and depending on his performance in the final series could be worthwhile to go around again?
    I don't know what has happened to Jack. He's been terrible all year and wasn't very good last year either, but he has turned his form around. It's like he just flicked a switch. He's still not up to his old standard though. I'm wondering if he has been playing injured and he recovered during the bye? If so, he should have been rested beforehand.

I'm a Naismith fan and believe that he is our best ruckman. That said, I believe that the game has changed in the last few years to the extent that ruckman need to do more than just ruck. They need to be able to play in the midfield or forward as well. Gawn and Grundy are also midfielders in their sides. Out of the three of them I think we'd be better to trade Naismith. Sinclair and Cameron can both play together and rotate their roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That’s a big step up from 47 unconvincing minutes in one terrible game. Why are you so confident?
    Good NEAFL form is some indication, but Cameron has been the dominant player in the NEAFL. He's beaten all comers, including ruckmen with AFL experience. He led the NEAFL in ranking points by a huge margin. He takes marks all around the ground and is a proven goal kicker, both in the NEAFL and WAFL. And he's done it week in and week out without a fall off in form. He's 204 cm. He's been praised by his coach, Kennelly, every week.

I'm baffled why he's only played a half a game of AFL. I call it a big mistake by Longmire.

I can't see any club wanting Naismith until he can get through a season without injury. I'm a fan of Naismith, but his injury record is a very big concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

Shaun Rhen was handy for much of his career and he had 3

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Good NEAFL form is some indication, but Cameron has been the dominant player in the NEAFL. He's beaten all comers, including ruckmen with AFL experience. He led the NEAFL in ranking points by a huge margin. He takes marks all around the ground and is a proven goal kicker, both in the NEAFL and WAFL. And he's done it week in and week out without a fall off in form. He's 204 cm. He's been praised by his coach, Kennelly, every week.

I'm baffled why he's only played a half a game of AFL. I call it a big mistake by Longmire.

I can't see any club wanting Naismith until he can get through a season without injury. I'm a fan of Naismith, but his injury record is a very big concern.
    I agree, Cameron needs to have a decent chance at AFL level. The game against Canberra Demons, where he has 72 hit outs and over 30 disposals is crazy, against a quality ruckman. The last person that had those types of numbers was Tom Mitchell. Yes the guy that is $1.45 favourite to win the Brownlow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk