Page 98 of 418 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,165 to 1,176 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Sorry Auntie. Gerald don't agree with your proposal at all. McCartin is one more concussion away from retirement and why would you trade Hanners for dud players and finally Reid has to eventually get his body right.

I think we are covered for key forwards (Franklin, Reid, McCartain, Sinclair, Amartey) especially in this era of playing a bit smaller and faster. Why we would even entertain trading for McCartain or Moore is beyond me, especially given the injury history of both of them. It will just be the Tippett / Reid story all over again (how many games in the last few years have we manage to field Franklin, Tippett and Reid at the same time?). We need to bolster our midfield, an experienced inside mid and an elite runner (imagine getting Shiels and Gaff - no chance but we would be unstoppable), and a key defender who has good closing speed and endurance. Some talk about getting a ruck as well but again, I actually think we are pretty well stocked here with Naismith, Sinclair, Cameron and Amartey, all of whom are still on the books.

Veterans List
    What if we just get St Kilda to take Hanners and his full salary. This frees up space to pick up another player. What about a straight swap for Acres.

Hanners for 2 first rounders sounds about right. I wouldn't mind trading Reid and Rohan if anyone is interested either.

Bloods lucky dip: one of Rohan, Towers, Newman, Hanners... for a second round draft pick. Think Reid we should keep. Trade in Ben to use for parts. Between then one functioning Reid

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Hanners for 2 first rounders sounds about right. I wouldn't mind trading Reid and Rohan if anyone is interested either.
    The way Hanners is playing along with his dispirited attitude has been a real turn off. He's not even worth a second round pick. I'd be very happy now to offload him to the Saints for just a swap of 1st round picks. Hopefully we have something up our sleeve with free agency.

I can't see the Saints parting with Acres in a straight swap for Hanners. Acres has to be one of their better players and brighter prospects. Acres was my 1st choice for our pick 15 in the 2013 draft which we used to get Jones. I think Acres has probably moved ahead of Jones this year, but it's still pretty close.

I believe Reid is committed to Sydney, so it hardly worth the time talking about trading him. The same thing happened last year when he was out of contract and it was obvious he was going nowhere, yet there were still those saying he was out the door.

I've just about had enough of Rohan and would be happy to trade him for a second round pick. Maybe Geelong would interested, especially if they lose Menzel. His last chance if he stays with us would be to return to the backline.

We are still a few years away from pushing above the mid range pack unless we can get a top player or 2 in the trade period. Our drafting is still looking solid and producing a steady flow of good players.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 26th August 2018 at 06:08 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The way Hanners is playing along with his dispirited attitude has been a real turn off. He's not even worth a second round pick. I'd be very happy now to offload him to the Saints for just a swap of 1st round picks. Hopefully we have something up our sleeve with free agency.

I believe Reid is committed to Sydney, so it hardly worth the time talking about trading him. The same thing happened last year when he was out of contract and it was obvious he was going nowhere, yet there were still those saying he was out the door.

I've just about had enough of Rohan and would be happy to trade him for a second round pick. Maybe Geelong would interested, especially if they lose Menzel. His last chance if he stays with us would be to return to the backline.

We are still a few years away from pushing above the mid range pack unless we can get a top player or 2 in the trade period. Our drafting is still looking solid and producing a steady flow of good players.
    Annoying me that Buddy and Parker out probably cost us top 4. Understand why you say we are a couple of years away but we have beaten everyone above us bar Richmond. In form, and with more luck with injuries, we would still be a chance this year especially given injuries to other teams. Top 4 would have been a huge bonus. Tigers not invincible and could feel pressure of favouritism. Eagles, Pies, Cats etc all vulnerable. Unusual year that some team might take advantage of.

I believe Reid is committed to Sydney, so it hardly worth the time talking about trading him. The same thing happened last year when he was out of contract and it was obvious he was going nowhere, yet there were still those saying he was out the door..
    Correct, It’s a waste of words/time to speculate on trades involving Reid. He signed a 4-year contract last year (so 3 years still to run) and said at the time he was always planning to stay in Sydney. He’s very settled here from a family perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Annoying me that Buddy and Parker out probably cost us top 4. Understand why you say we are a couple of years away but we have beaten everyone above us bar Richmond. In form, and with more luck with injuries, we would still be a chance this year especially given injuries to other teams. Top 4 would have been a huge bonus. Tigers not invincible and could feel pressure of favouritism. Eagles, Pies, Cats etc all vulnerable. Unusual year that some team might take advantage of.
    Agreed. It is such an even comp. Any dog (or Swan) on its day could win it.

I wanted Reid traded last year, and the year before etc.
    NARF of him
    I think this years performance (sic) has justified that stance from the end of last year at least.
    I am feeling that it will be further justified next year.
    I still say if a deal comes to the table, we trade.

I'm NARF of Moore either, but I think I'd prefer him at this point.
    And it looks like the Wobbles need another Swan in their team lolz
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I wanted Reid traded last year, and the year before etc.
    NARF of him
    I think this years performance (sic) has justified that stance from the end of last year at least.
    I am feeling that it will be further justified next year.
    I still say if a deal comes to the table, we trade.

I'm NARF of Moore either, but I think I'd prefer him at this point.
    And it looks like the Wobbles need another Swan in their team lolz
    We cam trade all we like. The fact is that Reid has to agree to the trade and that doesn't seem likely since he wants to stay in Sydney.

We cam trade all we like. The fact is that Reid has to agree to the trade and that doesn't seem likely since he wants to stay in Sydney.
    Exactly!