Page 203 of 418 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,425 to 2,436 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    I have a very good long time friend who is an avid North supporter and good judge of a footballer. Sent him a text just now.

"Mate, There is a story going around that Clarke from North has toured the Swans facilities. Can you confirm that he is an average to fringe player".

"You're spot on...good seconds player ...average AFL player. Will play the odd good game. Looks like we are making room for Polec and hopefully Gaff".

I actually rate Ryan Clarke highly. Only just turned 21 so calling him 'average' is ridiculous. He is a gun for his age.
    North are fixated on Polec and Gaff and have left themselves open to be raided.
    We should also take Jed Anderson as well. He is 24, a gun, and un-contracted.
    Last edited by Muttley; 27th September 2018 at 09:33 PM.

2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I have a very good long time friend who is an avid North supporter and good judge of a footballer. Sent him a text just now.

"Mate, There is a story going around that Clarke from North has toured the Swans facilities. Can you confirm that he is an average to fringe player".

"You're spot on...good seconds player ...average AFL player. Will play the odd good game. Looks like we are making room for Polec and hopefully Gaff".
    Ah nuts , looks like the swans have been stitched up here . Kinnear beatson should’ve called your mate first before flying him up.

We may have said the same had tigers fans called us about nankervis , slow dinosaur , third in line for our rick division - fast forward- premiership ruckman . Oops ..

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Josh Kennedy was a fringe player before we traded for him. Ditto most of our trade ins.
    We are masters of bringing fringe players from other clubs. Apart from injuries, we have a high strike rate.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    This isn't the thread where you invent rumours.
    NSOH

Clarke as a straight swap for Newman seems like a fair trade to me.
    Last edited by cruiser; 27th September 2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Context

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    We are masters of bringing fringe players from other clubs. Apart from injuries, we have a high strike rate.
    There is an old saying...."you can't make a silk purse out of every sow's ear".

#

He is not a sow's ear.

Veterans List
    Ludwig. You watch a powerful lot of of footy. Can you give your learned opinion on Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ludwig. You watch a powerful lot of of footy. Can you give your learned opinion on Clarke.
    Could we maybe just agree that not a lot of us know a great deal about this guy , other than he’s still young (21) , was drafted second round ( # 31 I believe ) averaged 21 touches in his last 5 games this year and got 31 against the pies( GF favourites ). I knew nothing about JPK before we got him , and thought mcglynn was a dud. As for teddy Richards , well I think a lot of us thought him a dud even when he was on our list for years. Let’s wait and see on this , the rumour might be garbage anyway. We don’t have to call daddy Ludwig in to impart his holy wisdom in to settle the debate. Us kiddies can have a discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Clarke as a straight swap for Newman seems like a fair trade to me.
    If they let us have Jed Anderson too we could throw in Towers snd maybe Rose

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Could we maybe just agree that not a lot of us know a great deal about this guy , other than he’s still young (21) , was drafted second round ( # 31 I believe ) averaged 21 touches in his last 5 games this year and got 31 against the pies( GF favourites ). I knew nothing about JPK before we got him , and thought mcglynn was a dud. As for teddy Richards , well I think a lot of us thought him a dud even when he was on our list for years. Let’s wait and see on this , the rumour might be garbage anyway. We don’t have to call daddy Ludwig in to impart his holy wisdom in to settle the debate. Us kiddies can have a discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good call