Page 91 of 418 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,092 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    People forget ROK did his knee early in his career.
    Did he? I recall him having some time out after the death of his brother but don't recall a serious injury (of any description).

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think we will be doing the Hannebery trade but will actually be sending Zachary Gates from the media department to the Saints.

They'll never know.

Attachment 2182
    According to the sporting news, the trade for Hannebery is we give them pick 13 and we get pick 4 and Paddy McCartin. Personally doesn't sound bad to me. I love Tom McCartin and would really like him to be a lifetime Swansplayer. Not sure how we manage Paddy M diabetes issue though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    According to the sporting news, the trade for Hannebery is we give them pick 13 and we get pick 4 and Paddy McCartin. Personally doesn't sound bad to me. I love Tom McCartin and would really like him to be a lifetime Swansplayer. Not sure how we manage Paddy M diabetes issue though?
    I figured we would get back the Saints 2019 2nd round pick, since they don't have either a 2nd or 3rd rounder for this year. But getting Paddy McCartin is a interesting alternative. He looks to be a complete flop so far, but there is some talent there behind all his problems. The diabetes is the least of the issues. His concussions and other injuries are more of a worry. He's also an old time forward that doesn't quite fit with the new speedy offences. Perhaps he could be turned into a key defender.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Did he? I recall him having some time out after the death of his brother but don't recall a serious injury (of any description).
    Against Hawthorn in a final at Ethihad and that dog Crawford stood over him and gave him a mouthful. Right in front of us. I will never forget it.

I think Ireland is signalling that Hannebery and Lloyd arent going anywhere unless the Saints and/or Suns are prepared to offer something very substantial in return....

Veteran Site Admin
    Against Hawthorn in a final at Ethihad and that dog Crawford stood over him and gave him a mouthful. Right in front of us. I will never forget it.
    It wasn't an ACL injury though, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    I think Ireland is signalling that Hannebery and Lloyd arent going anywhere unless the Saints and/or Suns are prepared to offer something very substantial in return....
    It would seem that Lloyd is staying since it was confirmed by both the Swans and the Suns. The Swans would be looking for pick 2 or 3, which I would think would be more than the Suns would be willing to give up. They really need a new rebuild from the ground up.

For what it's worth, everyone outside the Swans thinks Hanners will be a Saint next year. Maybe they're just guessing, but the consensus is overwhelming. They seem to know something. Also, the Saints have admitted they made an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It would seem that Lloyd is staying since it was confirmed by both the Swans and the Suns. The Swans would be looking for pick 2 or 3, which I would think would be more than the Suns would be willing to give up. They really need a new rebuild from the ground up.

For what it's worth, everyone outside the Swans thinks Hanners will be a Saint next year. Maybe they're just guessing, but the consensus is overwhelming. They seem to know something. Also, the Saints have admitted they made an offer.
    Fair enough but the Saints pretty much make an offer to any player with a heartbeat so that doesnt mean much.
    Interesting though. If pick 4 is on the table.... That is a once a decade opportunity...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It wasn't an ACL injury though, was it?
    Can't recall but it was knee injury.

Yeah that incident was also close to where I was sitting. It was Dale Lewis last game as I do remember him being chaired off (we lost elimination final). Wondering if any final has been played at Etihad since? Dale then made that infamous post match comment knowing of many AFL players who are taking illicit drugs, for which he got heavily sconed from many quarters only to be proven right a decade later.

Veterans List
    Also Kelly did a hammie just before half time that did us for the night. My 2 teenage boys got a mouthful from 3 Hawthorn supporters after the game right in their face. They we about 13 and 15 at the time. Disgraceful vermin if ever I saw some. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    Fair enough but the Saints pretty much make an offer to any player with a heartbeat so that doesnt mean much.
    Interesting though. If pick 4 is on the table.... That is a once a decade opportunity...
    I'm not making a prediction on the Hannebery trade going forward. I'm only repeating what others are saying. Given the picks that each club has, it would seem that a swap of 1st rounders would have to be a key part of any trade.