Page 86 of 418 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,032 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Rohan's trade value would be pretty low, if he's happy to stay then we'd be mad to trade him.. I know he frustrates plenty on here (me included) but he offers a lot that goes unseen/uncredited

As for Hanners, I just can't see the trade happening. I don't think he offers the Saints enough to justify a super high draft pick on recent form. It's a hell of a risk for them to take.

If that super high draft pick isn't on the table (i.e pick 3-4), then where's the benefit for us?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I wonder if Horse would consider playing Rohan as an outside mid?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Doubt he has the fitness and possibly not the instincts on the best places to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I saw that too. Isn’t Robbo a Bombers fan? Wishful thinking maybe.
    Yes he is a Bombers fan.

So annoying how reporters act as part of their clubs recruiting. Richmond supporting reporters even more annoying.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

No tank.

Reid looks to be almost back. Another nail in Rohan coffin.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Yes he is a Bombers fan.

So annoying how reporters act as part of their clubs recruiting. Richmond supporting reporters even more annoying.
    Spot on. Every reporter would have a team and it would colour a lot of their reporting. Not all but a lot. They all should declare it on the principle of conflict of interest.!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Rohan is an interesting one for me. Barring an injury run he cannot possibly be considered for another game this year. I think if an offer comes from another club then we would have to seriously consider it. He has added no value to the club for 2 years bar a mark on the goal line against Essendon. Even his forward pressure dropped off in the games. I don't underestimate the effect of his personal issues. Maybe a fresh start would be the best for him.
    There was the Richmond game last year where we wouldn't have won without his efforts late in the game. And there was another one this year where again late in the game he took a great mark running with the flight of the ball and returned it back inside 50 for a goal to ice the game. Maybe against Hawthorn? Too many on here place too much emphasis on possessions. There is also an unmeasurable x factor that can be just as important. Something worth more than a 3rd or 4th round we'd likely get for him. Besides he's family and I'm not sure the swans would just cast him aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    There was the Richmond game last year where we wouldn't have won without his efforts late in the game. And there was another one this year where again late in the game he took a great mark running with the flight of the ball and returned it back inside 50 for a goal to ice the game. Maybe against Hawthorn? Too many on here place too much emphasis on possessions. There is also an unmeasurable x factor that can be just as important. Something worth more than a 3rd or 4th round we'd likely get for him. Besides he's family and I'm not sure the swans would just cast him aside.
    I think other players have edged Rohan out of the forward line. I presume the start of next year might see Franklin, Reid and McCartin in a tall but quick forward line. Our 3 small forwards are all good pressure players, so Rohan is not even needed for that role. Consensus is that he doesn't have the tank for an outside midfielder. That reduces the options to defence or the door. I would like us to play Rohan in the back line again in the upcoming reserves' game, as we have in the 1st couple of reserves' games he played in this stint. I like the speed and options we would get from a defence which included Melican, Aliir, Rampe and Rohan.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 20th August 2018 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    I feel there is a good solid core of middle age players - Cunningham, Heeney, Jones, Papley, Hewett, Mills, Parker.

Some good solid developing players - Aliir, Newman, Melican, Hayward, Florent, Ronke.

Hayward may become a star but I think we still need a couple more elite youngsters. If we could snag Blakey and Rankine this year it could set the list balance up for years to come.

If you look across the comp then elite players make a big difference. Look at GWS record with and without Kelly. When he plays they win.

So I still feel there is a big risk that if you remove Buddy from the Swans we could drop down.
    I agree. Out of our batch of youngsters coming through Heeney is looking like the only star. The rest are looking like being very good to good. A good team should have an even spread of talent but you also need 2-3 guns. If we got Blakey and Rankine for example we would have the few elite players that we could build a team around.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I agree. Out of our batch of youngsters coming through Heeney is looking like the only star. The rest are looking like being very good to good. A good team should have an even spread of talent but you also need 2-3 guns. If we got Blakey and Rankine for example we would have the few elite players that we could build a team around.
    I think Mills is likely to become a star in the not too distant future.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)