Page 125 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,489 to 1,500 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Generally u defend one end in AFL or soccer

Ie GWS prefer to get forward and lock it in our defensive arc

We generally prefer to stack our defensive arc and break from there which was a real “pagans paddock” style of footy

I think it is obvious we have not had the speed to counter punch from our backline ..... not many teams have a backline as slow as ours ie Smith, macca, Newman, Grundy, Lloyd is quite slow compared to other top6 teams

So we play to our strength but our strength is not as strong as the balance and flexibility of other teams in the top8

Ludwig, you are making a lot of sense and I like the fact that you have nominated some of the Under 25 depth that we do have, just needs to be given the chance to be nurtured and given the opportunity. Look forward to Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

We've got 5 players in the older demographic, Franklin, Kennedy, Rampe, Reid and Parker, that need to play at a high level over the next several years to usher in the younger core group.
    Parker's 25. Reid's 26.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Parker's 25. Reid's 26.
    I split the age demographic between under 25 and 25 +, so they both fit in the older group. They both have birthdays before year end.

I thought about having Sinclair in that group as well, given his excellent year, but I feel he will lose the top ruck spot to either Cameron or Naismith, and will end up being a backup player, albeit a pretty handy one.

IMO, we need to get busy at the trade table this year....

We have plenty of defenders coming through...Both small and tall.

We have a good bunch of young small forwards. But we desperately need a medium sized lead up forward, in the O'keefe mould, who can take a mark.

Our midfield needs another inside hard nut ball winner, to take the pressure off Kenedy and Parker.

We need at least one new mid that has pace and kicking skill...

Off loading Hannebery is a must and to a lesser extent Rohan.

If Lloyd decides to chase the money, so be it, he's replaceable. We've drafted a number of small defenders lately and have resigned McVeigh. Then there's Mills to come back also.

Reid is a real worry, a couple of games in the last 2 years, he can't be relied on. To that point Moore can't be relied on either, so he's not the answer.

This is going to be a really interesting trade period for the Swans.....I hope.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

would only move hannas if it means getting a high end player in
    i wonder if grundy or smith get pushed to find 2yr deals elsewhere

Talk of scully being getable, id take him in good health exactly what we need

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Talk of scully being getable, id take him in good health exactly what we need
    @@@@ yeah

Regular in the Side
    Terry Wallace reckoned we are going hard at both Moore and Mitch McGoven

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    Terry Wallace reckoned we are going hard at both Moore and Mitch McGoven
    Worries me that we are focusing on fortifying defence.
    The reason our defence is so under pressure is the midfield is getting pantsed most weeks.
    It is like buying more sandbags in a flood.
    We need to go to the source and stop the flood there. It is too late when you are sandbagging.
    It is the old finger in the dike allegory.

Regular in the Side
    Doesnt McGoven (adelaides) play forward

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    Doesnt McGoven (adelaides) play forward
    He does. And so did Moore until this season.

If there is any truth in the suggestion we are trying hard for both, my guess is that it would be with the expectation of getting just one.