Page 185 of 418 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,209 to 2,220 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

I won't get excited about the Gaff rumour just yet. Maybe it is Fake News.
    As to his hit on Brayshaw Gaff certainly made a monumental gaff (see what I did there?)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Gaff All Australian highlight reel - YouTube

Left footer running down our left wing to be honest gaffs style of play is a perfect compliment to dropping the ball on buddy’s chest every time

Especially to buddy’s fav spot on the left side of the arc
    That highlights reel is impressive......beautiful left foot, perfect delivery and an incredible awareness of where his team mates are. A perfect fit for our team. Hope we land him.....

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Is Gaff restricted or unrestricted FA?

Senior Player
    Can we really afford another 'big name' player if we want keep a number of our young guns long term? Maybe we are looking at two players(midfielders) in the Kennedy/Mcglynn tradition. More our style I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Can we really afford another 'big name' player if we want keep a number of our young guns long term? Maybe we are looking at two players(midfielders) in the Kennedy/Mcglynn tradition. More our style I would have thought.
    I don’t think you offload an $800k former AA player to replace him with cheapies unless you’ve really stuffed up your salary cap. Although the re-signing of AA and Lloyd may be a factor.

Think something big is up and hope it includes a midfielder or two.

I did notice when Gaff was questioned about North chasing his signature. He said "Yeah, they're one of the clubs that has shown some interest."

I may be way off the mark, but at the time I got the distinct impression, from the tone of his answer and his body language, that North isn't where he expects to end up.

Hope we land him...And really, really hope we don't end up with another serial rehabber, in Darcy Moore.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Don’t forget this time last year we had Tippett on our list and dine or all of his salary will be gone in 2019.

Veterans List
    We're certainly clearing a large amount of cap space and unfortunately, some depth. The one year extensions for Reg & Macca on what would be modest money meant we were somewhat covering for this exodus of players.

There will be some modest returns for Hanners, Rohan & Newman to bolster our draft position in case we need to trade for incoming player/s - if there are any!

Our club is so professional, there just has to be a plan to do all this.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Our club is so professional, there just has to be a plan to do all this.
    +1

Ok I have now heard from two totally separate, completely unreliable mates at the Dees that they need to clear cap space and that Jesse Hogan is heading to Sydney. Probably as reliable as Annies rumors but hey.......

Regular in the Side
    Barratt is probably reading redandwhiteonline to get his line on the Swans being interested in Gaff. Just because we would quite like Gaff does not mean the club is actively negotiating with him. I would not mind gaff but I will believe it when i see it.