Page 193 of 418 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,305 to 2,316 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Only if you are illiterate.
    He is playing the "go home " factor which for a 26 year old is a little embarrassing. They really live in a bubble now that this is the common practice.
    I also said most people in real life don't uproot life and job and move interstate when a parent is sick. Some do. Most don't.
    Is Gaff a sook? No.

Stop jumping at shadows
    Glad you've cleared that up Barry. He's not a sook, he's just embarrassing. But have some compassion for the illiterates among us. Fine distinctions like that are a bit beyond us.

RWO would be oh so interesting if we won the wooden spoon.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

And that's how Scott Morrison was elected to be our latest PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Is getting rid of Dan and Gary ruthless enough for those on here who say that some players get games other than on merit?
    I'd be quite happy to see Jack retire. He had a couple of reasonable games at the end of this season but, simiiar to Hanners, he's been terrible since the 2016 GF. He may find himself spending some time in the Magoos next season.

Doesnt really make sense players have variables in contracts from game bonuses to all aussie selection goals kicked etc
    rookies include match payments
    Could be plenty of ullage end of year to pay off buddys contract

I think the only caveat for buddys deal is that it is fixed, he cant take a cut to help us sign others or renegotiate to smooth it out

i guarentee Reid would have had a games played clause that would have saved us a little

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Don’t think that’s correct.

‘The AFL has confirmed that the Swans must include Franklin's contract terms in each of the nine years of the contract, irrespective of how long he plays.

The amounts would remain in those particular years even if they paid him a massive lump sum early.’

So I can’t see what point there would be in paying some of Buddy’s contract early.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...009-2v8qk.html
    It doesn't say that $200k can't be taken from one year and put onto another year as part of a contract adjustment. Clubs do that all the time and preventing us from doing that would be detrimental treatment (just like our trade ban).

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Doesnt really make sense players have variables in contracts from game bonuses to all aussie selection goals kicked etc
    rookies include match payments
    Could be plenty of ullage end of year to pay off buddys contract

I think the only caveat for buddys deal is that it is fixed, he cant take a cut to help us sign others or renegotiate to smooth it out

i guarentee Reid would have had a games played clause that would have saved us a little
    We should have signed Reid to $50k a game. It would have saved us a fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And that's how Scott Morrison was elected to be our latest PM.
    Also looks like an ABC staff management meeting. Our tax dollars at work.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    It doesn't say that $200k can't be taken from one year and put onto another year as part of a contract adjustment. Clubs do that all the time and preventing us from doing that would be detrimental treatment (just like our trade ban).
    I read these words to say that the Swans can’t do that. Or at least if they do, it would make no difference to the amounts deemed to have been paid for cap calculations.

You read it differently?

‘The amounts would remain in those particular years even if they paid him a massive lump sum early.’

Surely this is all academic. If the Swans have extra cash one year, they'd front load the contract of any player other than Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Don’t think that’s correct.

‘The AFL has confirmed that the Swans must include Franklin's contract terms in each of the nine years of the contract, irrespective of how long he plays.

The amounts would remain in those particular years even if they paid him a massive lump sum early.’

So I can’t see what point there would be in paying some of Buddy’s contract early.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...009-2v8qk.html
    I hope every other club is being held to the same accord for the long term deals being given out to stars these days, but I won't hold my breath.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    still cant understand why they allocate specific sums so far out ?
    say for instance we saved 400k on tippett this year who is to say we couldnt have thrown 250 of that at buddy thus altering all his payments going forward?
    Because Buddy was a Restricted Free Agent and therefore Hawks could have chosen to match, the contract must be paid exactly as negotiated. This applies to all players changing clubs as RFA. It's to stop the receiving club structuring the payments to stop the losing club matching, then when the player arrives changing the terms of the contract.

Buddy's exact contract is known because Hawks leaked it. It's $500k in the last year, fact.